Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Bill Drill times ?

It really is. It looks very smooth too

Site Supporter
    Necro posting the hell out of this thread because I hit a milestone on the Bill Drill today and I'm damn happy about it.

I've flirted with a 2 second Bill for about a year. I'm shooting an M&P 2.0 carried strong side IWB in a JMCK holster. I've shot the drill every couple months or so and it's always the same thing. Clean runs (USPSA A zone) kept getting close, down to 2.01. I've ran sub 2 seconds with one or two C's multiple times. I've never put it all together though and I refuse to do more than five runs in one session in a cheap attempt to win by attrition.

I've made some small adjustments to my stance that have paid off and I felt pretty good today so I made a run at it.

Today's times:

2.02 Clean
    1.99 2 C's
    2.04 Clean
    2.09 Clean
    1.91 Clean

I went for broke on the last run and it paid off. I felt more relaxed and in a way like I had less control, and sure enough that's when it all finally came together.

.95 draw

After that I didn't see the point in shooting anymore, and threw all my shit in the truck and went to my favorite pizza joint. The one thing that pisses me off is I took a GoPro that I bought last week but I got so aggravated trying to keep it connected that I didn't use it at all today. Now I can't relive my glory.

Another necro bump

After shooting the Dickens-inspired 40 yard 10 shot drill at 0.45 splits:

Did a few 7 yard Bill drills

This is about the limit of draw speed for me with a gun this heavy.

Site Supporter
    What kind of gun/gear/load/concealment or not, speaking for myself, puts these performances in context.

FWIW/YMMV
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    What kind of gun/gear/load/concealment or not, speaking for myself, puts these performances in context.

FWIW/YMMV
    I thought I put it in the tags, or at least I did in the other post.

I shot it with CO gear (Shadow 2, RHT holster, SRO), 150 Syntech.

Shot double action for the first shot as is the rule set for division.

It came up recently in the USPSA CO nationals side match for context:

Name:  39CDBE0D-0657-4C6C-967E-8B468A9B57A7.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  29.8 KB

People got as many tries as they wanted to pay for.

Same CO gear that I used for most.

It’s also interesting that a lot of tactical type guns are now firmly into “Open” categories with SRO, compensators and 2011s.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    People got as many tries as they wanted to pay for.
    I was told a funny thing about it but since I wasn't there and can't confirm, I won't say it. The general idea is that "reshooting" is an understatement, if the story was true.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I was told a funny thing about it but since I wasn't there and can't confirm, I won't say it. The general idea is that "reshooting" is an understatement, if the story was true.
    I think we can see how many times each person shot from the change log number in Practiscore? Lockwood did it 6 times?
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I think we can see how many times each person shot from the change log number in Practiscore? Lockwood did it 6 times?
    Might have a wrinkle if someone shot it back to back to back to back… would only show up as one change log if they didn’t save and exit out.

Since each fee was for a pair of tries, probably more than 12 tries I think. I heard $300 spent.

User Tag List