Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Bill Drill times ?

I can't even find the video anymore. But I swear in the description it said salient arms glock.. And Gabe is .10 off this guy on the draw right?

Quote Originally Posted by eyemahm View Post
    Couple notes on that 1.39 "bill drill"... and I point this out not to knock t1cs, because his draw speed is flat out ridiculous from concealment.

First, shooting on an A zone is different from shooting on a full or 2/3 size IPSC steel target. I'd be curious to see how he did with the drill's specified accuracy standards.

Second, what's still stock about that Glock? Stippling, who cares.. but when you get down into sub .20 splits (he's averaging ~.15 apparently) I suspect the lightening cuts in the slide start to make a bit of difference (lower reciprocating mass is going to allow it to shoot flatter, with increased cyclic speed, at the expense of durability with duty ammo). Though the trigger itself looks stock, and I'd like to believe the internals are as well, I can't yet conceive of the individual who customizes their Glock's slide, magwell, frame, and barrel, and then leaves the trigger alone. Personally, I would consider that Glock heavily modified and, in 40, a decent Limited gun.

If the speed and accuracy are both there, I'm surprised he's not contending for USPSA championships instead of posting on instagram.
    Yeah....I thought of those things too. Bigger target, I couldn't see the specific hits, looks like a fairly upgraded Glock, little contrivances in some of the start positions.

I don't feel like it takes away much from what he appears to be able to do. Videos on the internet can always be faked in some way. But between all the videos of his that I watched, I saw enough to feel like he can at the very least intermittently gunhandle and shoot really really well, and maybe a lot more than that too.

That he shoots very accuracy intensive shots (the little stuff out of the air) counters some of the issue possibly suggested with the big B/C targets.

Dude in competition/USPSA: I think I saw that one of his videos was of his 'first competition' or something like that. It wasn't USPSA. Moving from short-form range drills and concise feats of shooting, to the relative marathon of USPSA can be very demanding. If he shot USPSA, maybe he would do what I'm doing only better. Entirely possible. Or maybe he'd have a tough time. There is a big distance from isolated range feats to top level performance on demand in a public venue. But, even if he can do crazy good only a little bit now - and he may already be much more consistent that that, I don't know - he has an ability that he can work on expanding to the longer courses of fire and broader shooting circumstances found in USPSA.

The 'how full of crap is this person' question is one that I attempted to contend with when I first started posting videos on PF. At that time I made the videos very specifically to show things from start to finish, no editing, lots of showing the camera to the timer, one uninterrupted camera shot, etc. Eventually I went the other direction and tried to make my videos as concise and watchable as possible. What would have been a four minute video can now be a forty second video and I think that's a lot better. In the long run, I think credibility on the internet is best established by shooting in public no B.S. events, in person with other internet people who can then know with certainty that you are not full of crap. For me that was Aim Fast Hit Fast, USPSA, GSSF, and the trip to Rogers. There are a number of PF members who have had the chance to decide for themselves how full of crap they think I am or am not. It may just be that we are seeing this guy before he's got some of that established, or he's already done it and we are simply unaware.

I give him credit for extremely high speed of draw, reloads, splits, and transitions. I give him credit for very, very accurate shots on aerial targets. More than that remains to be seen, but I am optimistic because I don't think somebody is going to be very able to do the things we do see him doing, without being pretty solid in other ways too. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how it strikes me. My hat is off to that dude.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    I can't even find the video anymore. But I swear in the description it said salient arms glock.. And Gabe is .10 off this guy on the draw right?
    Pretty sure he was shooting a Salient Glock...that's what it looked like and I thought it said so in the description of a few of the videos.

Yeah he is getting faster draws than I usually do, particularly on the longer strings he is shooting. There may be some difference made by the B/C zone (wish I could see the individual hits) vs. the A-zone or smaller targets I am usually shooting at, and I felt like he had some 'creepy' start positions with hands directly in front of the body and I wasn't sure if he was starting with his thumb under the shirt sometimes (think I saw that in his dry fire video.) But I feel like he is kind of edging me out on the draw a bit even allowing for all that. Makes me want my damn slide bite to hurry up and finish healing so I don't have to skip live fire out of the holster. I have been working on my draw some in dry fire recently and this guy's videos make me want to go draw fast!
    Lord of the Food Court

You need to go to the range and just go balls out on a full size uspsa target and see what you can do. I'd be curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    You need to go to the range and just go balls out on a full size uspsa target and see what you can do. I'd be curious.
    I'd like to try some singles and Bills just because I have been tuning up my draw lately. But, the question is already answered. 0.61 is the fastest live fire draw of mine that I have seen on the timer. It was an A-zone hit but it was a single shot hoper. It's in the review/endorsement/advertisement I made for Keepers Concealment at about 2:42.

Lord of the Food Court

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    I'd like to try some singles and Bills just because I have been tuning up my draw lately. But, the question is already answered. 0.61 is the fastest live fire draw of mine that I have seen on the timer. It was an A-zone hit but it was a single shot hoper. It's in the review/endorsement/advertisement I made for Keepers Concealment at about 2:42.

I really hope one day I can shoot as good or half as good as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    I remember a class I took a few years ago when I started getting serious and want do train to be a better competitor.
    John Krupa/Team Spartan pistol course up in Bristol, WI.

John does this 5-shot drill, starting from retention, on a 4 or 5 yard 8"x11" target, proving it to people that they can fire 5 shots roughly around a second.
    He times everyone on a few runs and collects their times, cutting out their initial reaction time (~.50). Rarely do people fail to get to the sub-second mark.

There was a guy from Iron Mt. Michigan who could throw .13 splits all day like candy on his stock M&P. He just had a super limber trigger finger...

I've always been amazed by that. The best I can do with a pistol, on a good day, is a .14 every blue moon...
    I always wonder if people like that are blessed with ACTN3.

I just watched that video and realized you're the same person who posted an article about competing in USPSA from AIWB, exactly how you carry. Which has been bookmarked on my phone since, and is my main motivator to start competing in USPSA! That's awesome man, you're one hell of a shooter! For some reason everyone I know of that competes in USPSA doesn't know whether AIWB is legal or not...I even asked someone who regularly carries AIWB and they told me they thought it wasn't allowed. So I referenced him to your article.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock1992 View Post
    I just watched that video and realized you're the same person who posted an article about competing in USPSA from AIWB, exactly how you carry. Which has been bookmarked on my phone since, and is my main motivator to start competing in USPSA! That's awesome man, you're one hell of a shooter! For some reason everyone I know of that competes in USPSA doesn't know whether AIWB is legal or not...I even asked someone who regularly carries AIWB and they told me they thought it wasn't allowed. So I referenced him to your article.
    Hey thanks! Glad to hear you liked that article and that you are getting into USPSA. As a defensive handgun guy at heart, I can't even tell you how beneficial I think it is to add USPSA competition to an established tactical/defensive skillset.

I've heard of people who are trying to shoot AIWB in USPSA having trouble here and there. It is not common but I've heard of it a few times. AIWB is absolutely legal in Open, Limited, and Limited-10, as long as the holster is 'otherwise safe'. There should be no issue with a leather or kydex full bodied holster that covers the trigger guard. Confusion happens sometimes if you are shooting what appears to be a Production gun from an AIWB holster. A few times an RO has started to say what I was doing wasn't legal because of the holster position, then realized I was shooting Limited and it was fine. In any case, USPSA clubs are obligated to follow USPSA rules, and if a club is not, USPSA should be notified and ought to straighten them out. I think there was actually even an official clarification on AIWB recently so hopefully that wouldn't be necessary...yep, found it, here you go: http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-NROI-ruli...ls.php?indx=59

Good luck!!! If you feel like it, you should post how it goes here on PF. There are a bunch of people here who do some competing with their carry gear and I'm sure they'd love to hear about it. I certainly would.
    Lord of the Food Court

Hey thanks! Glad to hear you liked that article and that you are getting into USPSA. As a defensive handgun guy at heart, I can't even tell you how beneficial I think it is to add USPSA competition to an established tactical/defensive skillset.

I've heard of people who are trying to shoot AIWB in USPSA having trouble here and there. It is not common but I've heard of it a few times. AIWB is absolutely legal in Open, Limited, and Limited-10, as long as the holster is 'otherwise safe'. There should be no issue with a leather or kydex full bodied holster that covers the trigger guard. Confusion happens sometimes if you are shooting what appears to be a Production gun from an AIWB holster. A few times an RO has started to say what I was doing wasn't legal because of the holster position, then realized I was shooting Limited and it was fine. In any case, USPSA clubs are obligated to follow USPSA rules, and if a club is not, USPSA should be notified and ought to straighten them out. I think there was actually even an official clarification on AIWB recently so hopefully that wouldn't be necessary...yep, found it, here you go: http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-NROI-ruli...ls.php?indx=59

Good luck!!! If you feel like it, you should post how it goes here on PF. There are a bunch of people here who do some competing with their carry gear and I'm sure they'd love to hear about it. I certainly would.
    Thanks man I really appreciate it...I haven't had a chance to compete in one yet, but hope to sign up for next months. I'll let you know how it goes, I'm sure I'll do awful lol, never competed before. I'd love to learn some stuff from you and hopefully improve my shooting...

User Tag List