Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Magpul moving to Wyoming and Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Sotex View Post
    Once upon a time, being a southern Democrat was a respectable thing. I recall a Dem speaking at a Rep convention a while back who said, "I didn't leave the Democratic Party, it left me."

Our own Nyeti being one of those. I'm not worried about his voting record. Broad brushes and all of that.
    I've been accused of being more conservative than most of the locals. Reality is that I don't give a crap about most of the social stuff, but out of respect I vote with the "country Texans" on them. I have really become a huge individual States rights person as I think it is all that is left for us. Washington, D.C. Does not represent us, and the politicians represent their States population centers and not the invested land owners. So, I quit talking about it and moved to a place that represents my beliefs. I simply redistributed California money to Texas, and do so every month. Colorado MAY wake up, but I doubt it. California, Chicago and NY are doomed and many progressive utopian cities will look like third world countries in my lifetime. I am in Texas stalling to hopefully give my kid a chance.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I've been accused of being more conservative than most of the locals. Reality is that I don't give a crap about most of the social stuff, but out of respect I vote with the "country Texans" on them. I have really become a huge individual States rights person as I think it is all that is left for us. Washington, D.C. Does not represent us, and the politicians represent their States population centers and not the invested land owners. So, I quit talking about it and moved to a place that represents my beliefs.......Colorado MAY wake up, but I doubt it. California, Chicago and NY are doomed and many progressive utopian cities will look like third world countries in my lifetime.
    +1.
    I'm working on re-relocating. It will be a lot easier before secession.......then I won't have to take a number in the immigration line.

I simply redistributed California money to Texas, and do so every month...... I am in Texas stalling to hopefully give my kid a chance.
    You have not idea how much this warms my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Sotex View Post
    +1.
    I'm working on re-relocating. It will be a lot easier before secession.......then I won't have to take a number in the immigration line.
    I've actually had a Texas ID card for a very long time for the exact same reason……….i knew a long time ago it would be the place to flee to.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

California, Chicago and NY are doomed and many progressive utopian cities will look like third world countries in my lifetime. I am in Texas stalling to hopefully give my kid a chance.
    As if they don't already, to some degree.

Something like 40% of Camden, NJ is abandoned buildings. City of 80,000, and they're so economically depressed they recently just had their first grocery store open for business in decades.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    As if they don't already, to some degree.

Something like 40% of Camden, NJ is abandoned buildings. City of 80,000, and they're so economically depressed they recently just had their first grocery store open for business in decades.
    That's something I've noticed in my limited travel to other states: lack of new construction /new businesses. Here in TX, just about everywhere you go there's new businesses going up, new roads being built, new schools, etc. We're very fortunate.

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk

User Tag List