Atlas shrugged

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

January 2, 2014

Duane Liptak, Director of Product Management and Marketing

Tel: 303-828-3460x170

Email: dliptak@magpul.com

MAGPUL INDUSTRIES ANNOUNCES PLANS FOR RELOCATION

Company Is Moving Operations to Wyoming and Texas

Magpul Industries announced today that it is relocating its operations to Wyoming and Texas.

The company is relocating manufacturing, distribution and shipping operations to Cheyenne, Wyoming. Magpul is leasing a 58,000 square foot manufacturing and distribution facility during the construction of a 100,000 square foot build-to-suit facility in the Cheyenne Business Parkway. The Wyoming relocation is being completed with support from Governor Matt Mead, the Wyoming Business Council and Cheyenne LEADS.

Magpul is moving its corporate headquarters to Texas. Three North Central Texas sites are under final consideration, and the transition to the Texas headquarters will begin as soon as the facility is selected. The Texas relocation is being accomplished with support from Governor Rick Perry and the Texas Economic Development Corporation.

“Magpul made the decision to relocate in March 2013 and has proceeded on an aggressive but deliberate path” says Doug Smith, Chief Operating Officer for Magpul Industries. “These dual moves will be carried out in a manner that ensures our operations and supply chain will not be interrupted and our loyal customers will not be affected.”

The company began a nationwide search for a new base of operations after legislation was enacted in Colorado that dramatically limits the sale of firearms accessories – the core of Magpul’s business. Magpul plans on initially transitioning 92% of its current workforce outside of Colorado within 12-16 months and will maintain only limited operations in Colorado.

"Moving operations to states that support our culture of individual liberties and personal responsibility is important,” says Richard Fitzpatrick, Chief Executive Officer for Magpul Industries. “This relocation will also improve business operations and logistics as we utilize the strengths of Texas and Wyoming in our expansion.”
    #RESIST

We are diminished
    Good for them! Colorado's 2013 gun control push is going to go down in history, but not the way Bloomberg and his allies hoped.

I guess we were both right, huh LL?
    Chris T Abernathy
    Business Development Manager
    XS Sight Systems, Inc. | XSSights.com
    F2SConsulting.com | FB@ Facebook.com/F2SConsultingLLC

Quote Originally Posted by Smash View Post
    I guess we were both right, huh LL?
    I reckon so (barely remember). I bet that they used Wyoming for manufacturing as so to keep on as many workers as possible and Texas for the incentives. Personally, I'd worry about Texas going blue in a few years.
    #RESIST

I am surprised about TX but Cheyenne, WY was my first guess considering that it is the closest city to Longmont, CO outside of the state.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

1) If I were Magpul, I would want a footprint in two locations, so to have leverage for tax negotiations and to minimize the downside of one bad legislative session.

2) Colorado's governor was quoted a few weeks ago of saying, "I wasn't all that crazy about the magazine ban." Amazing what two recall elections and a third that required the resignation of a Dem Senator to prevent losing control of the Senate can do to your thinking. Hopefully he gets plenty of weed revenue to make up for the loss of Magpul.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Bloody marvelous.

Beretta, Colt, Remington and others need to follow suit.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I reckon so (barely remember). I bet that they used Wyoming for manufacturing as so to keep on as many workers as possible and Texas for the incentives. Personally, I'd worry about Texas going blue in a few years.
    I have no reason to move from Georgia, but if I ever did, Texas would be at the top of my list. Loved living there 10 years ago....

BUT, I think you're right. Colorado has seen a long slow shift BLUE from people emigrating from California - and so has Texas. It's a matter of time before the Dems really start to give the Repub's a run for their money in the major political positions again.

re: Magpul

GOOD FOR THEM! It's been a long time coming, but I'm glad they finally got to release the news.
    Full disclosure: I am a freelance professional photographer/cinematographer for the firearms and defense industry, among others.

I am honestly very sorry to see them move. It makes me sad when politicians make policies that force people to leave their homes.

I will welcome them to Texas, but it will be a bittersweet greeting. I wish they would have never been forced into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason F View Post
    I have no reason to move from Georgia, but if I ever did, Texas would be at the top of my list. Loved living there 10 years ago....

BUT, I think you're right. Colorado has seen a long slow shift BLUE from people emigrating from California - and so has Texas. It's a matter of time before the Dems really start to give the Repub's a run for their money in the major political positions again.
    Funny, I've had the same thought in reverse after visiting Georgia (as in, I'd move there from TX if I had to), for the exact reason in your second paragraph.

I'm interested to see where they end up, "north central Texas" is kind of vague, and the area it brings to mind for me doesn't have much in the way of cities.
    Of course if they end up in Austin it'll be like not moving at all

User Tag List