Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Green introduces a single stack 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    People who design pistol should know something about sights.

Just turn them around since it looks backwards.

Ned Christiansen has been making a similar profile custom sights for his 1911 builds for many years. I have his gun with such sight, and I have zero compliants. No snag potential, very robust, good sight picture, work for one-handed stuff. His are though more substantial and can be had in a vertical lamp arrangement.

OK, I was worried about weird light reflections etc....

well that is interesting. Looking forward to seeing the length of barrel in the threaded version. Not that I'd ever be able to carry it, but it would be a neat loaner gun for students.
    While the sights do look backward, I understand the reasoning behind their design. Have to wait for some good shooters to post thoughts once it hits the market.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    OK, I was worried about weird light reflections etc....
    Actually, point well taken. Ned's sight is serrated.

It's at least interesting and innovative. I can see how they couldn't sell a thumb safety' but that absence will probably keep me from even playing with one of these. Too bad, I think.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Hmmm. It's actually attractive; elegant. How novel. I'm digging this grip safety and good trigger thing.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    At that price, I'll be buying one just to have along with my two original Model 51s. It'd be a bonus if it worked.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I've been wanting a thin 9mm that wasn't a subcompact. At that price I might get one just for the neatness of it.

I have to admit, I was totally ready for the standard "acceptable combat accuracy" line.

My day is ruined.

They're going to sell 'em by the boatload.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

User Tag List