Thread: Buying a customized HK P30 from a dealer/armorer?

Site Supporter

Buying a customized HK P30 from a dealer/armorer?

Hi all,

(I wasn't sure which sub-forum this thread belonged in, so I placed it here. Feel free to move it to a more appropriate place if needed.)

I am considering purchasing an HK P30 9mm LEM in the near future and dedicate this coming year to learning it. I have decided that I'd like to have it configured with the "TLG trigger" and a good pair of sights, like the Trijicon HDs, etc. I was wondering if anyone happens to know of an HK dealer who is also an HK armorer who could install the new trigger parts and sights for me before shipping it. It would also bee nice if they could get the pistols internals all lubed/greased up per HK spec so the next scheduled maintenance will be the 25,000 mark. This would just be easier and cheaper than having to ship the pistol to HK Customer Service and having them do it.

Also, just to confirm exactly what the TLG trigger parts are... If you start with a V1 Light LEM trigger, you just need to install the heavy trigger return spring. If you start with a V2 LEM, you need to install the lighter firing pin block spring and lighter hammer spring. Do I have both of those scenarios correct?

Oh, one last question: If the hammer spring is basically pre-cocked when using an LEM, then what affect does the hammer spring have on the trigger characteristics? If it's pre-cocked, I'd suspect it wouldn't really have any, but perhaps I don't fully understand how it works.

Thanks for the help.

Chris

I'd suggest staying with the trigger it comes with, then shooting it to find out for yourself what you like, don't like, or want to change about it-if at all. Sights are easy to do and I bet if looked around locally you'll find a competent smith to put new ones in. And it many cases you can send your slide to whomever you are buying sights from and they can install them. Places like novak and dawson come to mind as a couple examples that you could send you slide to and get it back pretty quick.

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/

www.novaksights.com

A V4 P30 would be pretty much a TLG factory equivalent setup. From my understanding the V4 is in between the V1 ( light LEM) and V2 ( Heavy LEM ). I have the V1, and eventually I'm going to pick up a heavy TRS and go the TLG route. I'm sure you know this, but if you want an LEM gun in the P30 format, then buy an LEM P30 from the start. The P30 is not modular like the USP/HK45 guns and converting a non LEM P30 to an LEM P30 is not factory supported and less than ideal. As far as dealers who can install sights at purchase, try gandrtactical.com.

I would call Mike at Cross Creek Guns crosscreekguns.com or Grant at G&R Tactical gandrtactical.com. I believe both offer sight installation but not sure about the spring swap. I've done business with both and would recommend them any time.

BTW, the spring change is not difficult at all. These two threads cover the 3 springs you might need to swap:
    http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-refere...-part-1-a.html
    http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgu...er-spring.html

The only difference between the P2000 and P30 instruction is that to remove the captive slide release lever on the P30 you must move the trigger return spring leg out of the way before sliding out the left side lever.

Mike at Cross Creek will perform the TRS modification upon request.

User Tag List