Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Gen 4 Glock G41.

Quote Originally Posted by tomr View Post
    Question.... or two:

The G30S has been knocked by some as it combines the narrower G36 slide with the Gen 3 30SF frame - so some complaints about the fact that the overall thickness is the same as the latter. Does the new G41 with its narrower slide have a narrower frame to match?

If so, what do we bet that a Gen 4 30S upgrade is a natural, and ought to follow?
    The 41 uses a standard gen 4 21 frame.
    "I want to see someone running down the street with a sims-gun shrieking 'I am the first revelation' " - SouthNarc

Site Supporter
    If the holiday (4th) doesn't mess up the shipping I should have a 41 this coming week. Looking forward to it. After putting over 20,000+ rounds through a G21 I came to the conclusion it was heavier than it needed to be and this looks like an answer. Hope to one day see a G21S. That might be just dandy! (smile)

Dave

I quite like my G41, though it is sufficiently hipster that you don't get the complete range of parts & accessories offered for the mainstream small-frame guns. No extended slide stop available yet, for example.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

Sorry, but I hate you guys. If I had my druthers for my duty gun it would be a Glock 41....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Me too, and I'm impressed with the reliability reported so far. When this teased I thought about the G36, which was a major disappointment. If they've got single stacks figured out there could be good things ahead.
    Forgive my ignorance on glock stuff...was there a reliability issue with the 36?

Because I seriously considered one once when the price was attractive.

Anecdotally at the time, yes. An email group I was on went flavor of the month on them when they came out, and there was much rending of garments.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Interesting. I'm very interested in the idea of a G21 with a skinny slide. But that's mostly because mine is a pre SF model and looks like a glock 17 that somebody stuck a bicycle pump in and pumped it a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Interesting. I'm very interested in the idea of a G21 with a skinny slide. But that's mostly because mine is a pre SF model and looks like a glock 17 that somebody stuck a bicycle pump in and pumped it a few times.
    There are a lot of things I wish GLOCK would get off its butt and do - to whit:

1. Switch the G30S to a Gen4 frame (or just offer both configurations). Why? Because I prefer the Gen4 stippling and slide release enough that the 3rd Gen "SF" frame on the 30S just annoys me
    2. Release a Gen4 G21S (if the slim slide works on the G30S and G41, SURELY it would work on the G21)
    3. Make the G43 - a 9mm version of the G42
    4. Make a G40 - chambered in .22LR - just because it would make the whole community of Cleeti and LGS employees immediately start a "Who's on First" routine that would never end...

Regards,

Kevin

The only shooter I know around here that has done any shooting with this new long slide .45 did not like it. He thought it gave up too much of the soft recoil characteristics of the fat slide G21. He has an extremely large amount of pistol shooting experience with many many guns. What are you early adopters thinking about that comparison?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrevor View Post
    I quite like my G41, though it is sufficiently hipster that you don't get the complete range of parts & accessories offered for the mainstream small-frame guns. No extended slide stop available yet, for example.
    I believe that the extended slide stop/release applicable to the G37, and the G21 should also work in the G41.

Best, Jon

User Tag List