Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen 4 Glock G41.

Just a thought - since they will be altering the slide thickness, won't this necessarily alter extractor geometry in several ways?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Riehl View Post
    Just a thought - since they will be altering the slide thickness, won't this necessarily alter extractor geometry in several ways?
    Now you wouldn't be thinking about a rerun of the gen4 intro, would you?

Quote Originally Posted by R0CKETMAN View Post
    Make a heck of a duty gun

Really wish Ayoob would first show clear...
    That's cool. But having vid stars obsess over showing ME clear makes me feel stupid or something.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    That's cool. But having vid stars obsess over showing ME clear makes me feel stupid or something.
    It's unprofessional
    "Bones Heal, Chicks Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Quote Originally Posted by R0CKETMAN View Post
    It's unprofessional
    I see it as the lowest common denominator syndrome that infects internet gun discussions. Cognoscenti that default to thinking everyone else is "some accountant" that can't xyz without . . . fill in the blank.

But I'm just being argumentative. Show me once if you must. It's a video. The bullet can't hit me if he does AD. But in some the videographer has to show and mention it 10 times in the same vid.
    Last edited by JHC; 01-05-2014 at 08:11 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by karmapolice View Post
    So if this is the slide is the same thickness of a 17 or g34, would this fit in my g34 Safariland 6360? I might pick up one of these, to have some plastic fantastic in my life.
    If I remember correctly from conversations that happened during our photo shoot for the G41, yes. Don't quote me, but it should drop in to a 34/35 holster I believe.

If you really want to know for sure I can ping my guys in Smyrna and ask them, because they sent early samples to Safariland for holster development.
    Full disclosure: I am a freelance professional photographer/cinematographer for the firearms and defense industry, among others.

While the G42 does ABSOLUTELY nothing for me, the G41 is enough to make me interested - if only in the potential for future development. I was always a fan of the CONCEPT of the G21 - a portable, 13+1 .45 ACP monster killer - BUT the grip was a touch too big, and I could never get used to looking down that "aircraft carrier wide" slide.

Now, the Gen4 G21 grip is just "smaller" enough that it feels manageable in my hands, and the guys at Smyrna have figured out how to slim the slide (twice - on the G30S and now the G41). What I foresee in my future, if our new Director approves our long-standing request to add .45 ACP to our list of approved duty weapon calibers, is a G30S "all the time" gun, and a G41 for "tactical" or "winter" use. Or, even better, a G21S (you know one has to be in the works!) for every day carry, with the G30S as a "summer" gun. The possibilities are endless; and, since Glock Blue Label prices are so aggressive, I might even be able to afford this experiment!

Regards,

Kevin

I have never heard of a LEA issuing different duty Winter and Summer pistols. Same pistol and ammunition year round.

I'm not expecting ANYTHING different to be issued - but our personal carry list is pretty much anything in 9mm or .40 (yes, including Ruger and Taurus). So, for ME, I could envision personal weapons in .45 taking the place of my current 9mms, just 'cuz...

Digging it...I'll put some rounds through this afternoon when I get home and report back.

"Bones Heal, Chicks Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

User Tag List