Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Gen 4 Glock G41.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    At one point I had all 3 generations of the G21. In fact, the Gen 2 was my first pistol purchased on my 21st BD in 1996! I always found the Gen4 to have noticeably less recoil than any of the other G21's. In fact, I am faster and more accurate with that Gen 4 than I am with just about any other 45 caliber pistol.

Thus, I traded the Gen3 in for store credit a couple of months ago when I got my G41. When I shoot the Gen4 G21 next to my G41, I can tell that the 21 is indeed softer. However, that is not to say that the G41 is oppressive. In fact, it has about the same recoil as my HKs, M&Ps, and even some heavier 1911s. It's just that the Gen4 G21 is a very soft shooting gun.

Thus, I'm not all that excited about the prospect of Glock making more thin slide 45s if it means the recoil will increase. I've yet to fire the Gen3 G30S but this may be a good indication of how future slim slide 45s will feel.
    I strongly suspect that Glock could easily provide a thin-slide variant of the G21 with no drama; the G21 platform, including the slide dimensions was directly based on the earlier 10mm G20. The G21 slide as it is has less metal than the G20. A "properly dimensioned" G21 woud simply be making a thinner slide with little to no actual loss of weight, as it would simply be eliminating the redundant volume necessitated by the G20.

A thin-slide, Gen5 G21. Hmmm, interesting.

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    I've recently bought a G21 and a G41 to experiment with. The G41 is definitely thinner and lighter than the G21, but they are both nice pistols to shoot. I actually find myself drawn to the G34 and G41 as I like their balance, handling, and shooting characteristics.

Funny thing -- I also bought a G17 to compliment my G34, and am finding I don't shoot the G17 worth a darn compared to the G34, G21, and G41. I like the G17, I just don't shoot it well.

User Tag List