Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Gen 4 Glock G41.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    There are a lot of things I wish GLOCK would get off its butt and do - to whit:

1. Switch the G30S to a Gen4 frame (or just offer both configurations). Why? Because I prefer the Gen4 stippling and slide release enough that the 3rd Gen "SF" frame on the 30S just annoys me
    2. Release a Gen4 G21S (if the slim slide works on the G30S and G41, SURELY it would work on the G21)
    3. Make the G43 - a 9mm version of the G42
    4. Make a G40 - chambered in .22LR - just because it would make the whole community of Cleeti and LGS employees immediately start a "Who's on First" routine that would never end...

Regards,

Kevin
    Emphasized, because some men just want to watch the world burn

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Emphasized, because some men just want to watch the world burn
    Blast from the past:

Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    "I need a Glock .22"
    "A forty?"
    "Yeah, a Glock 40"
    "So you need a Glock 22?"
    "Forget it, I'll take a Glock 9"
    "17!"
    "yeah, a Glock 17, and a Glock 40, too"
    "A Glock 42? We have one for $357."
    ".357!? I thought it was .380!"
    "If you want to pay $380, we'll take your money"
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    The only shooter I know around here that has done any shooting with this new long slide .45 did not like it. He thought it gave up too much of the soft recoil characteristics of the fat slide G21. He has an extremely large amount of pistol shooting experience with many many guns. What are you early adopters thinking about that comparison?
    I've heard the same from folks who shoot the G21 back to back with the G41. Honestly, though, the weight difference is what? 2.3 ounces, out of nearly 30? I find it hard to believe that makes a huge difference.

I will say that I'm a former G30SF owner, and current G30S owner, and I can't tell a SMIDGEN of difference (though it's been a couple of years since I sold the G30). The G30S with 230 FMJ is very pleasant to shoot - especially compared to a G27 with our CRAZY HOT 155gr JHP...

Regards,

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by SamuelBLong View Post
    The 41 uses a standard gen 4 21 frame.
    Who needs a Glock 36? The G41 is an ideal pocket carry gun, especially for one handed shooting in dark basement ranges......
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I've heard the same from folks who shoot the G21 back to back with the G41. Honestly, though, the weight difference is what? 2.3 ounces, out of nearly 30? I find it hard to believe that makes a huge difference.

I will say that I'm a former G30SF owner, and current G30S owner, and I can't tell a SMIDGEN of difference (though it's been a couple of years since I sold the G30). The G30S with 230 FMJ is very pleasant to shoot - especially compared to a G27 with our CRAZY HOT 155gr JHP...

Regards,

Kevin
    That is very helpful! I was wondering the same about the 30S. Thanks.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Who needs a Glock 36? The G41 is an ideal pocket carry gun, especially for one handed shooting in dark basement ranges......
    So you saw that video too?

Site Supporter
    I don't have a dark basement range…I don't even have a basement (LOL), but I do have a G41. Just picked up one from my favorite gun shop and it seems as nice as I was hoping it would be. Unfortunately I won't be able to shoot it until Monday as the outdoor range I use is putting on matches all three days of the 4th weekend. Anxious to see how it feels compared to the 3rd Gen and SF 21s I've owned. I'll report back if this thread is still active.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    I don't have a dark basement range…I don't even have a basement (LOL), but I do have a G41. Just picked up one from my favorite gun shop and it seems as nice as I was hoping it would be. Unfortunately I won't be able to shoot it until Monday as the outdoor range I use is putting on matches all three days of the 4th weekend. Anxious to see how it feels compared to the 3rd Gen and SF 21s I've owned. I'll report back if this thread is still active.

Dave
    At one point I had all 3 generations of the G21. In fact, the Gen 2 was my first pistol purchased on my 21st BD in 1996! I always found the Gen4 to have noticeably less recoil than any of the other G21's. In fact, I am faster and more accurate with that Gen 4 than I am with just about any other 45 caliber pistol.

Thus, I traded the Gen3 in for store credit a couple of months ago when I got my G41. When I shoot the Gen4 G21 next to my G41, I can tell that the 21 is indeed softer. However, that is not to say that the G41 is oppressive. In fact, it has about the same recoil as my HKs, M&Ps, and even some heavier 1911s. It's just that the Gen4 G21 is a very soft shooting gun.

Thus, I'm not all that excited about the prospect of Glock making more thin slide 45s if it means the recoil will increase. I've yet to fire the Gen3 G30S but this may be a good indication of how future slim slide 45s will feel.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Blast from the past:
    This is a hoot!! Was researching Glock 41.

Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    "I need a Glock .22"
    "A forty?"
    "Yeah, a Glock 40"
    "So you need a Glock 22?"
    "Forget it, I'll take a Glock 9"
    "17!"
    "yeah, a Glock 17, and a Glock 40, too"
    "A Glock 42? We have one for $357."
    ".357!? I thought it was .380!"
    "If you want to pay $380, we'll take your money"

User Tag List