Page 3 of 152 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: HK Striker Fired

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Soooo does this mean we will see an HK Gadget?
    Sure, it'll look a lot more like an RMA tag that says "send me a P30 instead" than the Glock version, though.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I think it is time for new design by HK. Heck the USP is gettin' dated, as is the P2000. The P2000/3000 series would be waaayyy better if they had kept the reset on the original USP LEM guns, as it is markedly shorter. I can easily tell the difference between the two.

I am excited about forthcoming designs from several manufactures. Specifically, Wilhelm Bubits kinda dropped off the forums as he is supposedly working on something novel. He used to be active on Steyrclub wherein he alluded to a design he is working on that will offer a totally modular design where one frame can be "transformed" into different sizes. i.e. you could change the length of the recoil housing and fit a shorter upper, or you could make the grip sub/compact/fullsize by just changing the grip housing and using an appropriately sized magazine. I have no clue which company he is designing this for, time will tell.

Dave

I would probably buy a striker fired HK/ ( I love shooting the PPQ). plus one on the mag compatibility also.

Isn't the primary idea with this intro, for HK to introduce a striker product that attracts new users, in big numbers, with a heavy emphasis on LE, that would have been unlikely to buy the P30/2000 either because of price or not being a striker design? If HK only sells this new striker pistol to current P30 and P2000 owners, I believe it will be a failure relative to their expectations.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I think Todd nailed it when he said HK wants to compete with Glock, which also means, the S&W M&P. Those are two very popular pistols. But it they won't get anywhere if the price is much higher than Glock or S&W. If they can get into that market, they will make money in the commercial and LE/Mil markets.

How much lols would be had if they brought back the squeeze cocker?
    Quote Originally Posted by montanadave
    My wife has already written my obituary which, in part, attributes my death to complications from my second penis reduction surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    How much lols would be had if they brought back the squeeze cocker?
    I don't think that's likely, but I'll take my lols if it comes with PPQs bore axis, early MP trigger quality, and reset as long as one on the P7.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I don't think that's likely, but I'll take my lols if it comes with PPQs bore axis, early MP trigger quality, and reset as long as one on the P7.
    When you say "MP" do you mean M&P? And didn't early M&P triggers suck tons of balls?

And I also have never heard of the P7 having a long reset. Why would that be desirable?
    Quote Originally Posted by montanadave
    My wife has already written my obituary which, in part, attributes my death to complications from my second penis reduction surgery.

Forgive me, as I'm a total noob. So, in reddit "EIL5" terms, what's the benefit of a striker pistol?

Quote Originally Posted by JMorse View Post
    Forgive me, as I'm a total noob. So, in reddit "EIL5" terms, what's the benefit of a striker pistol?
    There are several perceived benefits...
    1. The internal mechanism is usually simpler & requires less maintenance
    2. Fewer parts to break
    3. Lighter, consistent trigger weight/pull
    4. Fewer open spaces to allow debris/mud/dust to gunk up the gun
    5. No hammer to snag on cover garment

User Tag List