Page 2 of 152 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: HK Striker Fired

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    OTOH, if they keep the same frame and slide profile they cannot address the screams about "high bore axis!"
    I swear, there are people who would complain about bore axis if you handed them a Chiappa Rhino.

See the Striker P30X thread for prior discussions on this topic.

I'm certainly interested in seeing what HK might introduce, but I wonder if a striker fired P30 wouldn't end up looking a lot like a Walter PPQ M1.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Why such love for a striker fired HK?

Quote Originally Posted by 1911guy View Post
    No love from me, I'd rather have a LEM hammer for AIWB.
    But...
    If I was responsible for maintaining a few hundred (or thousand) pistols I would vote for striker fired for the simple reason that they are usually much easier to detail strip and replace parts in.
    Of course I would NOT bet on H&K simplifying things, that's just not their style.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Soooo does this mean we will see an HK Gadget?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    OTOH, if they keep the same frame and slide profile they cannot address the screams about "high bore axis!"
    I shot a glock 19 an M&P full size and the P30 side by side. I thought it was the softest shooting 9mm I have ever shot and definitely the softest of those three..

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    No love from me, I'd rather have a LEM hammer for AIWB.

Of course I would NOT bet on H&K simplifying things, that's just not their style.
    Yes and no. Externally, HK's are wonderfully minimalist, and field stripping is as quick and easy as any. It's on the inside that the damn things are built like a Swiss watch... kind of the Leica approach to design.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911guy View Post
    For me I like my trigger like a long 1911. Way out and little take up. The P30 is the exact opposite. And then look at the threads of people learning the trigger. It has been my impression that some people find it more difficult to learn than say a Glock trigger.

A gadget would take care of the hammer issue nicely.

While compatibility with existing magazines and holsters would be nice, and I have plenty of P30 mags and holsters, anyone who has remodeled a house knows it is generally less expensive with a better outcome to build new than reuse existing structures.

My hope is that HK used a clean sheet of paper design philosophy, and brings us something that beats the crap out of every M&P and Glock, from an accuracy and reliability perspective, but also includes something that has been lacking in most HK pistols lately -- a great trigger. I think the market would pay a premium for this.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List