Page 12 of 152 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: HK Striker Fired

For those interested in a P30SK, what exactly would you want to see in it? How are these specs different from the P2000SK?
    Here are my thoughts between the two:
    Similarities:
    They share 18 (may vary by model) of the same parts, such as: trigger bar, trigger detent, detent spring, hammer axle, decocking lever (v3), hammer catch, disconnector, leaf spring, cylindrical pin, slide pins x2, extractor, extractor buffer, extractor spring, firing pin spring, firing pin block spring, firing pin block, slide release spring, and magazine release spring.
    Fully ambidextrous
    HK quality trigger
    Differences:
    P30 length 6.99 vs. 6.42
    P30 width 1.37 vs. 1.28
    P30 height 5.43 vs. 4.61
    P30 weight 26.08 oz. vs. 23.8 oz.
    P30 sight radius 5.85 vs. 5.20
    Dovetail cuts
    Pic rail
    Changeable lateral panels on P30
    No Batman grip texture on SK
    However, to me the differences are what one would want in a P30SK, am I missing something?
    Participation does not equal Proficiency
    - Mike Pannone

Unless there is something I am missing there is nothing particularly interesting about the P30SK. If it is just a chopped P30 then is ti s P2000SK with a slightly different grip. Whoopdedoo.

If it is an ultra-low profile single stack model then I am interested, but I don't see HK wasting time on this.

What they need to do is look closely at the Caracal and Steyr designs. Use them as basic templates and then do the HK magic to them (which, as far as I can tell, means being one of the very few companies in the industry to involve actual engineers in the process, LOL). In the end, have a gun that is basically a Steyr M9 with an M&P style grip (so laser grips can be installed easily), Walther PPQ trigger and standard P30 dovetails.And most importantly, HK engineers get to do what has to be done so we don't get the industry standard recalls and excuse making that Glock, S&W and SIG have perfected. If they can do this, I think they can charge about $125 over other designs and sell a ton while not hurting their brand.

H&K clearly needs to hire me to yay or nay their projects. I am available for $250,000 per year plus ammo.

Looks like my cut and paste missed a line of text. The above is comparing the current P30 and P2000SK. My question is what would a P30SK do that a P2000Sk doesn't already?
    Participation does not equal Proficiency
    - Mike Pannone

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Unless there is something I am missing there is nothing particularly interesting about the P30SK.
    You are. The "finger groove" protrusion on the P2000SK front strap is in the wrong place for some folks; it jams my middle finger up against the mag release, for instance, and is very uncomfortable. Since I am fervently looking for something a bit lighter than my HK45C to tote every day, I was about at the point of buying an SK and grinding the front strap protrusion off. Now, I'm going to wait and see what the P30K, SK, whatever they will call it is offering.

And I think that your thought that HK will be able to charge $125 more (above the median hambone price threshhold), while logical and highly sensible, is a non-starter. Sure, among those who know the difference between an HK and Glock/M&P/Sig/Serbo-Croat Special/etc.

But the average US gun buyer (or for that matter, your average police administrator/purchasing type) does not know, nor does he/she care. Our whole society has become fixated on price points. I see this in plenty of other areas besides firearms. Heck, just look at all of the folks on gun boards who still believe HK has the "you suck/we hate you" attitude?

You are. The "finger groove" protrusion on the P2000SK front strap is in the wrong place for some folks; it jams my middle finger up against the mag release, for instance, and is very uncomfortable. Since I am fervently looking for something a bit lighter than my HK45C to tote every day, I was about at the point of buying an SK and grinding the front strap protrusion off. Now, I'm going to wait and see what the P30K, SK, whatever they will call it is offering.

Well, if it is basically a P2000 SK without a finger grove then I will probably be able to skip my anti-insomnia meds.

And I think that your thought that HK will be able to charge $125 more (above the median hambone price threshhold), while logical and highly sensible, is a non-starter. Sure, among those who know the difference between an HK and Glock/M&P/Sig/Serbo-Croat Special/etc.
    I think HK can charge a premium. People pay more for Glocks than Rugers, etc. They cannot, however, charge the outrageous ripoff premium they charge now.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Well, if it is basically a P2000 SK without a finger grove then I will probably be able to skip my anti-insomnia meds.

Good. Any slight increase in chances of me getting one sooner are greatly appreciated…

There's a 12 page (and growing) thread on HKPro debating whether the following pictures depicting a HK striker fired pistol are authentic...

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Looks like my cut and paste missed a line of text. The above is comparing the current P30 and P2000SK. My question is what would a P30SK do that a P2000Sk doesn't already?
    Having both P30 and P2000SK copies in my safe, I can honestly say they're sufficiently similar enough that a P30SK will have to be somehow special to make me buy one (and I'm an unabashed HK lover.) That being said that special-ness could be something that technical specs don't tell the whole story... much like the difference between a P2000 and a P30. They make both and they sell both quite well, but the P30 (I'm pretty sure) sells more. Why? They're not THAT spectacularly different but people still like the P30 better. If picking up a P30SK and comparing it to a P2000SK makes you go "I can't describe it, but it's just better" then the wizards are doing their job. Oh and I'll probably buy a pair.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    For those interested in a P30SK, what exactly would you want to see in it?
    Dream sheet?

No finger grooves.

Lose the ambi slide lock lever, making the pistol a bit thinner.

Please, PLEASE, no rail! This is NOT a "tactical pistol", for Pete's sake. No rail means a slightly more narrow front end which translates to a more comfortable IWB holster.

Realistically, I expect that the P30SK will be just like the P2000SK… an example of the larger pistol that has been chopped at the muzzle and butt. If so, I will be sad.

We shall see… eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    There's a 12 page (and growing) thread on HKPro debating whether the following pictures depicting a HK striker fired pistol are authentic...

I'm intrigued.

User Tag List