Page 122 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1514

Thread: HK Striker Fired

I laughed.
    Sheep Have Wool

I finally shot one. Very accurate but more recoil than my Glocks. Not quite as nice to shoot as I had hoped but my wallet is relieved
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I finally shot one. Very accurate but more recoil than my Glocks. Not quite as nice to shoot as I had hoped but my wallet is relieved
    More recoil, or different recoil impulse? We found that the deeply inlet area of the grip sets the web of your hand farther forward and you can get very deep without slide bite or need for a Grip Force adaptor. I find the VP9 easy to figure out how it tracks in recoil and is very consistent.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

The VP9 recoil impulse is definitely different than a P30 despite the similar ergonomics.
    Feels like pretty much every other striker fired polymer service pistol to me.
    The only exception being the M&P9 which is the softest shooting 9mm I own (which is why my 11 year old shoots it).
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I've been waiting to get my hands on one of these but the local shops can't seem to keep one in stock for more than five minutes. I don't really see myself becoming a convert, but firearms design fascinates me and I'm eager to take a look at one.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    The VP9 recoil impulse is definitely different than a P30 despite the similar ergonomics.
    Feels like pretty much every other striker fired polymer service pistol to me.
    The only exception being the M&P9 which is the softest shooting 9mm I own (which is why my 11 year old shoots it).
    We are simply finding that they all "feel" a little different and it is very subjective. We are not seeing a difference on the timer that is of any significance. Being we tend to shoot to a pace based on level of control, what we are seeing is higher levels of accuracy in similar times over previous pistols we were using. I tend to be shooting failure drills faster with the VP-9 with solid accuracy. Wayne was shooting so many consistent "X's" on his body pairs on the bull before going to the head box that I have been calling him "Dos Equis". I know there will be others here that will say it is obvious that we are shooting to slow, but that is another argument that I am disinterested in having. Simply put, we find the recoil impulse is different than other guns.....which is pretty normal. One of the "sharpest" recoiling 9mm's I have is the P7.....which has the lowest boreline of just about everything. The recoil impulse is fast and sharp and it is coming through a steel frame. With that said, there are not a lot of guns that you can track a sight on like a P7. That front sight actually goes more back and forth than up and down when it tracks. Again, just different.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I've been waiting to get my hands on one of these but the local shops can't seem to keep one in stock for more than five minutes.
    Got a V1 or V2 P30 in 9mm? I'll trade you my like-new VP9.

As DB said, the accuracy is amazing; other than that, its just a Glock with lipstick, rouge, and bigger boobs. Personally, I don't see any amazing improvement in the trigger over, say, a 3.5# connector and standard coil TRS on a Glock.

"But," they say, "its an HK!" Yup; I get that. And if I was planning to "convert" to SFA, I'd keep it. But I'm all about small/light these days… and AFAIK, the smallest/lightest "hi-cap" Euro Pellet launcher that I am aware of is one of my Bowie G19s. Until I can no longer see sights, period, and have to go the RDS route, I'll stay with my LEM pistols.

Site Supporter
    Steve,

It may give you some Glock impressions, but when you start isolating extractor function on the VP9 vs Glock, you see some very clear differences. The VP9 kicks Glock's ass.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    More recoil, or different recoil impulse? We found that the deeply inlet area of the grip sets the web of your hand farther forward and you can get very deep without slide bite or need for a Grip Force adaptor. I find the VP9 easy to figure out how it tracks in recoil and is very consistent.
    Felt like more. Remember, I've got that .45ACP HP damaged right elbow, I'm probably more recoil sensitive than most. That being said, it shot extremely well for me despite the less-than-optimal-for-me night sights.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Felt like more. Remember, I've got that .45ACP HP damaged right elbow, I'm probably more recoil sensitive than most. That being said, it shot extremely well for me despite the less-than-optimal-for-me night sights.
    I am often amazed by how well we are shooting with the blocky factory sights. I can't wait to get some Dawson's on ours.

I too am paying for a half a million rounds of .45 Acp and a ton of big bore revolver. I have it in my hands and wrist (I find the Weaver folks pay in the hands and wrist and the ISO guys get it in the elbows....let me know if you fall into that observation). I am noting at this point that I also have less tactile feel in my hands. While the Glocks, no doubt shoot soft, I think this is more due to the frame material composition than anything else. I find the VP as well as the P30 are very "ergonomically correct" for me, which likely helps with how the gun feels in my hand, tracks in recoil, etc. I have actually given up on trying to convince anyone on the VP9 (or as we like to call it, the OCD9 as the gun makes some folks obsess over finding something wrong with it). It is a service pistol-period. Wayne and I are in agreement that we think it is the best of the striker fired guns out there right now. Others don't think so, which is quite alright, but I wish folks would just say "I don't like it" rather than creating issues that are not actually there (that was a generalization and not directed at LL). I have heard some amazing stupidity on the VP9. It's like folks cannot wrap their head around likeing an HK pistol, getting good customer service from HK, and getting a very high quality service pistol at a very reasonable price point from HK. Its almost like a company finally listened to its customers, and now everyone is mad.

User Tag List