Page 94 of 152 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast

Thread: HK Striker Fired

This^^^
    The original chamber drawings show this. Benefits are as stated, feeding, accuracy, and manufacturability.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    No, no, and lol of course not.

My sample shot a perfect six o'clock hold at 25 yards.
    Similiar experience, 800rds without cleaning or malfunctions using several different 115/124gr. FMJ.

Impressed so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Molon, what grain bullet weights were you shooting? All you said was "a variety of loads" and HST. But HST has many forms.

Differing bullet weights have a significant effect on POA/POI.
    All I know is that I know nothing. - Socrates

Interesting....very interesting. Elves in Duetchland must be weeping.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by DonovanM View Post
    Differing bullet weights have a significant effect on POA/POI.
    Not 6"+ @ 15 yards.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

My VP9 shot POI in elevation with 115 PMC ball and Gold Dot 124+P JHP.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Errors in manufacturing do happen ... but as I tell all my students, you may want to have someone else try the gun and make sure it's the arrow and not the indian. Perhaps the different grip/trigger/whatever is throwing you off and causing you to anticipate the shot. It never hurts to rule it out before you start spending money on sending guns back and forth. I had a student the other day who was fighting a new pistol, his groups were consistently 3" low and he thought it was his sights/ammo/etc. I picked up the gun and knocked out a one hole group exactly at my POA. He was just trying to go too fast and since it was a stock gun and not a nice trigger like he had in all his other guns, he was getting impatient for the shot to break and yanking on it early in order for it to go off NOW....

It's not beyond comprehension that your sights or barrel is off somehow... but this is the first report I've heard from anyone on negative accuracy issues with these pistols.

So far, 450 rounds through the VP9; Aguila 124 ball, Federal 147 ball, some mixed JHP and 147 HST. No drama, nice small groups out to 25.

590 rounds. WWB, Blazer, Gold Dots, Hornaday Critical Defense. Excellent accuracy at 25 yards on bullseyes and 50 yard steel gong.

300 rounds Blazer Brass 115 grain. As noted, excellent accuracy on a variety of drills out to 25 yards. Cleaned Dot Torture at 3 and 5 yards. Clean run of 'The Test' at 10 yards. Terrific trigger. However, Dot Torture highlighted the need for me to adjust my thumb placement, as I had failures to lock back on empty magazines that were quite obviously shooter induced. Looks like a lot of 1R1 and 1R2 drills are in my future.

Compared to my PPQ, I thought the VP9 trigger was very close, but not quite as 'sporty' as the PPQ. I consider the VP9 trigger a better choice for carry. I also found the VP9 recoil impulse unremarkable, whereas the PPQ is on the snappy side.

Unfortunately I can't say performance was 'flawless' though - I had two failures to eject during the support hand portion of Dot Torture. Normally I would focus on the shooter with such a malfunction, but I'll note that I have thousands of rounds through a pair of the much pilloried GEN4 Glock 9mms without any malfunctions to date (including far more support hand only use). Nor has this phenomenon manifested with the PPQ, though I have fewer rounds through that handgun. Still, perhaps I'm doing something odd with the VP9 grip and I'll pay closer attention to this in the future.

That said, the pair of malfunctions did little to dampen my enthusiasm. This is an impressive pistol. To paraphrase Colonel Whelen, "Only accurate pistols are interesting", and from that perspective, the VP9 has a lot to offer.

Last edited by JSGlock34; 07-13-2014 at 08:09 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List