Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HK P30S or CZ P07 Duty

HK P30S or CZ P07 Duty

Dear Members,

I am buying a gun for the first time, I have little experience with gun selection and I live in a country where I cannot try out guns before I buy them and I have a limited choice between two gun models.

I have the option between the HK P30s (with manual safety) and the CZ P07 duty. Which do you recommend?

I've heard that the P30 trigger is too hard in DA and the reset is too long, but I have also heard that the CZ sometimes has some quality issues. I have held the CZ in my hand at a gun store abroad and I liked the way it feels and grips in my hand but I never handled the P30, I only saw it in reviews.

I am really lost in the selection here, also to note that in Egypt where I live. You are only allowed a permit to buy a gun almost once in life so its a big decision for me. The gun will be used primarily for personal defense and secondary for home defense.

Appreciate your help and feedback especially from those who own or have tried "one of" or both guns.

Thanks

Hussein

I think few would disagree that the P30 is the better gun. But you may find that parts spares and especially magazines for the CZ are much easier to come by in Egypt.For us in the third world that some important research to do before you buy.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Welcome to the forum!
    My preference would be the HK but I have never held the CZ. Availability of parts and accessories in Egypt will be a deciding factor I imagine.
    Good luck on your search, I'm sure many more experienced folks will chime in here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Welcome to the forum. From purely an operational standpoint, I would go HK all day long. The trigger will smooth out with some shooting and dry fire. The parts and magazine availability might be the deciding factor for you. Good luck in your search and make sure you stick around the forum.

Thanks guys for the information
    I now have also the chance for a Beretta Px4 storm as well
    So the choice between the beretta, HK and CZ
    Let me know what you think
    Thanks

I believe the HK is definitely the better of the 3 guns you listed, in fact there are few that can approach HK quality. You definitely want to check into how easy it is to get parts and accessories, however.

Welcome to the forum
    I am not fat, I am wearing organic body armor.
    "Foreign policy is best left to the people with a head for negotiation and satisfying others without really giving anything away: customer service representatives."
    - Sheepdog247

The P30 is a very fine weapon, but based on your location the CZ may be a better choice due to a potential greater parts availability. If I remember right, several militaries and police forces in that area use some sort of CZ-75 variant.

I'd shy away from the PX4; they have a reputation for locking up so hard as to need a mallet to fix the issue. There are reports that this may no longer be the case, but the rotating barrel design has never been particularly successful in a historical context.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911guy View Post
    Yeah, but you look like a tactical hobo in flip flops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    A world without violence is about as likely as a world where I get to, um, "date" at least 3 A-list actresses and/or supermodels every single day. Ain't happening.

We are diminished
    I'll just add my echo to the choir:

The P30S is hands down the best gun. If you don't like the DA trigger you can avoid it altogether by carrying the gun cocked and locked (safety on, hammer back).

The CZ, however, might have a huge advantage in terms of spare parts availability, magazine and accessory availability, etc. Then it comes down to whether you'd rather have an HK that will probably never break but will be difficult to manage if it does versus a CZ that may be more prone to breakage/wear but will be easier to keep running if something does go wrong.

I remain unconvinced of the PX4's suitability although at least one member here has had excellent results with his.

Look at spare magazine availability in your area for your choices.

Also, I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say that we'd like to hear more about about gun ownership in Egypt.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Also, I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say that we'd like to hear more about about gun ownership in Egypt.
    Indeed!

User Tag List