Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Business attire what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post

See my point?

Guy on the left sure dresses in similar fashion while in the spotlight. You should tell him to get it together. I'll wait here.

As a concealment garment, I really don't like untucked button-downs. I've have problems on the draw where the buttons cause part of the shirt to ride up differently than others. If I'm wearing a button down, I'll have it tucked in a discreet fleece vest over it for concealment.

All of this fashion advice is way over my Wyoming upbringing.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Grown men wearing sandals/flip-flops/Crocs whatever...anywhere other than the beach irritates me. I've never understood why somone insists on carrying a handgun and two reloads for a trip to the supermarket yet is fine with wearing footwear that's gonna' come flying off when you have to run, fight, kick, whatever.
    I cringe when I see people (men or women) wearing flip flops in the lumber section of Home Depot. Or when they are mowing the lawn.
    Last edited by trailrunner; 12-24-2013 at 03:18 PM.

I'm definitely more on the SouthNarc side of things in these sort of discussions, (and yeah, Tam, I've actually read up on the stuff enough to know where the term blazer comes from and why you leave the bottom button of a vest undone. I'm a book geek, too.)

I think most guys could amp up their dressing game. It surely is generational that everything gets more and more casual, but I still get a sad when I watch an old newsreel and everybody is wearing nice slacks and dresses and then I go to Wally World and see 300 pound guys AND ladies wearing belly shirts. Ugh.

I love flip flops in the summer time, and I wear them. Still, I have to respect SN and Pat Mac's views on the matter (and my own modest experience in fighting and rolling around on the ground with ess-bags at o dark thirty) and agree that shower shoes are not the preferred top-notch foot wear in all environments. I won't wear them when traveling or on an airplane, for instance.

Grown men wearing sandals...

This is a couple of mine. Not seeing much mobility losses. In fact, I played a few games of tennis in Sharks, the ones who look more athletic.

Attachment 1999Attachment 1998

Business attire should be set by a business policy, if it is not, complaining about it is moot, if a policy is in place and it is not being followed, than its something the leadership is failing to address, making a complaint moot as well...unless of course you are the person in that leadership position.

Personally, I've conducted more business in board shorts, flip-flops and T shirt, while sitting in a Bikini's or Hooter's, to care what people wear or how over/under dressed they are.

Sandals....you mean the footwear of warriors and most of the Asian martial arts gurus of the last several thousand years. You know, the Macabees, Roman Legions, buccaneers, Indonesian and Filipino martial arts guys and the Samurai and Ninja's.....yes Ninja's.

Hey, when doing cop work it's Steel Toe foot mounted impact weapons. I don't wear synthetics on aircraft. Cowboy boots to Church and court in Texas.....and Keens to the grocery store. What is funny is that the last time I got involved in an off duty thing at the local grocery store the 19 year old urban criminal was crying like a little girl in a figure four leg lock in the doorway of the local Ralph's when the "what are you gonna do about" fat old guy in flip flops showed him....:-).
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I'll throw this out there:

The vast majority of guys I know could dress better. Period.

I've detailed my experiences with extreme attention to detail in dress over on TPI in the "Building Bruce Wayne" thread.

You can carry if you are attentive and work at it. If I can run a Walther PPS in Tom Ford or RLBL then anyone can.

Now whether a PPS is enough gun for you...that's a whole 'nother conversation.

And something else...

Grown men wearing sandals/flip-flops/Crocs whatever...anywhere other than the beach irritates me. I've never understood why somone insists on carrying a handgun and two reloads for a trip to the supermarket yet is fine with wearing footwear that's gonna' come flying off when you have to run, fight, kick, whatever.

A buddy of mine with DEA had a female buying dope who insisted on wearing her cutie flip-flops. He told her if things ever went bad that she was gonna' regret it. Her attitude was "I'll get through it". Well..sure enough things went bad on a vehicle buy and she got jammed in the triangle of an open door and cut her heel to bone. Apparently she limped for well over a year and the injury was completely preventable, had she been wearing real shoes.

Even inmates "lace-up" in real shoes before they fight. Wanna' know who's gonna' jump you when you go into the dayroom of a county jail at headcount before lights out? The guy wearing briefs. boxers over the briefs, and sneakers. Everybody else going to bed are in flip-flops.

My 2c.
    I'll just leave this here

http://vuurwapenblog.com/2013/08/03/...hile-shooting/
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Sandals....you mean the footwear of warriors and most of the Asian martial arts gurus of the last several thousand years. You know, the Macabees, Roman Legions, buccaneers, Indonesian and Filipino martial arts guys and the Samurai and Ninja's.....yes Ninja's.

Hey, when doing cop work it's Steel Toe foot mounted impact weapons. I don't wear synthetics on aircraft. Cowboy boots to Church and court in Texas.....and Keens to the grocery store. What is funny is that the last time I got involved in an off duty thing at the local grocery store the 19 year old urban criminal was crying like a little girl in a figure four leg lock in the doorway of the local Ralph's when the "what are you gonna do about" fat old guy in flip flops showed him....:-).
    You are quickly turning into one of my favorite people here, lol. If you ever wander through upstate SC I wanna buy you a drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List