Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NRA Range - Plate Rack Challenge

NRA Range - Plate Rack Challenge

I am not a regular poster here on PF, but I am an avid consumer of the wisdom and humor of this site. I was just wondering how many of you were at the Sunday night Plate Rack Challenge at the NRA range in Fairfax VA? Maybe next time I won't be so anti-social and will go around and introduce myself.

As a note, I didn't shoot as well as the others but shot better than I expected. It is kinda tough shooting a G17 against an Open Gun!!

Site Supporter
    If I knew it was happening, I would have gone.

I was there. I ran my revolver against a few semi-autos near the end, but got hung up on procedure and lost two of three match-ups.

I did borrow a Glock 19C and tried it against the eventual winner of the semi-auto class, and was narrowly defeated both times. Heck of a lot of fun, though!

"WHAT?!? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW RIDICULOUS YOUR GUN IS!" - TLG

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    If I knew it was happening, I would have gone.
    This. So this.
    #RESIST

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    This. So this.
    Ditto.

It was a great time (My first time shooting steel). I am attaching a link to the page on this site that basically determines my weekend schedule. Thankfully, I can shirk most of my responsibilities and go shooting as often as possible.

http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...cements/page13

I was there. I did well last time, but got utterly spanked this time. I wish I could be like JV and totally rock the plates!

Looks awesome.

What distances?

Quote Originally Posted by gravitysuksv15 View Post
    I am not a regular poster here on PF, but I am an avid consumer of the wisdom and humor of this site. I was just wondering how many of you were at the Sunday night Plate Rack Challenge at the NRA range in Fairfax VA? Maybe next time I won't be so anti-social and will go around and introduce myself.

As a note, I didn't shoot as well as the others but shot better than I expected. It is kinda tough shooting a G17 against an Open Gun!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by punkey71 View Post
    Looks awesome.

What distances?
    12 yards, or thereabouts. There were just two divisions: Revolver and Semi-Auto. Most equipment is legal (dunno about lasers, but red dots are OK), can start at low-ready or from a holster, reloads from your belt or off the table. Mandatory reload (only mag change required; no requirement to cycle the action) between the plates and the popper.
    "WHAT?!? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW RIDICULOUS YOUR GUN IS!" - TLG

Thanks for the info.

Harold

Quote Originally Posted by kle View Post
    12 yards, or thereabouts. There were just two divisions: Revolver and Semi-Auto. Most equipment is legal (dunno about lasers, but red dots are OK), can start at low-ready or from a holster, reloads from your belt or off the table. Mandatory reload (only mag change required; no requirement to cycle the action) between the plates and the popper.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

User Tag List