Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sigs and Lube

Site Supporter

Sigs and Lube

I've noticed a big difference between various gun greases and TW25B in the action parts of my Sig. TW25B is the best, but it's too expensive for me. Lubriplate 105 is very similar and it's a fraction of the cost.
    http://www.brownells.com/gun-cleanin...?sku=311003010

I've been using Lubriplate 130 for the rails, and it's definitely a lot thicker, but it does keep the Sig rails looking new after thousands of rounds.

Scott Folk's (now with Apex Tactical, formerly with Gray Guns) take on this:

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc...35/m/908103701
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Their mention of Lubriplate is what made me buy it, but their post doesn't mention the numbers. I got the 130, initially. That's not as good as the 105 for the action parts, IMO, because it's much thicker.

I've used Mobil-1 10W-50 on my guns for years. I use a veterinary syringe to apply it, refill from the quart bottle in the garage.
    As slick as anything I've tried and stays put almost as well as grease.
    Out here in the desert grease traps sand which turns gritty real fast.
    When the oil get's a little gritty I just add a few more drops and it "flushes" the grit away, grease/sand has to be removed, cleaned and then reapplied.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I use NLGI grade 2 lithium wheel bearing grease. It can be purchased for as low as $3 for a pound of it.

I use Mobil 1 10w-50 on most my guns but I've switched over to marine grease(lithium complex NLGI grade 2) I had laying around for my pistols last year.

Since going to SIGs I've tried both with the no issues. Due to powder like sand here in my part of the desert I clean and reapply after each time out.

I use Mobil 1 20W50 V Twin to lubricate my pistols.

Sigs and Lube

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    I've noticed a big difference between various gun greases and TW25B in the action parts of my Sig. TW25B is the best, but it's too expensive for me. Lubriplate 105 is very similar and it's a fraction of the cost.
    http://www.brownells.com/gun-cleanin...?sku=311003010

I've been using Lubriplate 130 for the rails, and it's definitely a lot thicker, but it does keep the Sig rails looking new after thousands of rounds.
    Great link, JV. Thanks.

I was cleaning out my gun area the other day and found an unopened tube of TW25B. When that is gone, I'll get some of this stuff.
    Last edited by JDM; 12-21-2013 at 05:20 PM.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Most NAPA Auto Parts will carry Lubriplate No 105 in stock. It's where I got mine.
    "Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein

How are you applying this grease, JV?
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

User Tag List