Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Garrity delivery time

I have some very nice holsters with the worse wait time being almost six months, but seriously if your business takes a year to get you a holster something is wrong...don't you think?

This is the only thing I would wait a year for http://rphoto.me/ezYFKT
    Randy P.

About Me

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by randypollock View Post
    but seriously if your business takes a year to get you a holster something is wrong...don't you think?
    Absolutely not. Some of the best and most exclusive holster makers quote far longer. Either you want to wait for what they offer, or you don't. Before his untimely death, a genuine Alessi holster normally had a lead time of years.

It's simply the penalty incurred from wanting a high-demand, low-supply product.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Absolutely not. Some of the best and most exclusive holster makers quote far longer. Either you want to wait for what they offer, or you don't. Before his untimely death, a genuine Alessi holster normally had a lead time of years.

It's simply the penalty incurred from wanting a high-demand, low-supply product.
    I love custom stuff...don't get me wrong...right now I am having a custom sculpture made for me, but if I have a gun I want to carry and I have to use a temp holster for 1.5 / 2 years until the good one is done...that just doesn't make sense to me. Milt Sparks made my Para PDA holster this past year and it took four months a few years ago a custom guy in Atlanta made my XD holster and it took six months..that I can live with but really is the one that you wait for (that takes over a year) that much better...I'm so forgetful I would have forgotten I even ordered the thing.
    Randy P.

About Me

I agree. I waited close to two years for my Alessi PCH when it first came out, and it was well worth it. It is still, IMO the most comfortable IWB holster for me.

I just wish I could get some sort of correspondence from Garrity. All I want to do is get in line for a couple of his AIWB holsters. He will love me as a customer. Once I place my orders I just completely forget about them, I don't call and email the maker every month asking whats up.

I placed an order on June 15th. I have been in contact with him a couple of times, so I know he is reading at least some of his emails.

This is very true. I have stuff ordered from Lou in 2005 that I have never received.

Try to get a DelFatti holster.

I never received an order from Garrity that I placed 5 years ago - don't expect I will, either.

A custom maker should:
    Post accurate delivery times on his web site. If too long for the customer, the customer can move on;
    Respond to customers in a timely fashion.

I keep wanting to beg Tom at Raven to get a spot up. But I am where I am, and other people have needs too.

Also, more time answering me is less time making the holster 2000 places before mine.

Maybe Tim Thurner will train Occidental Leather into making his AIWB holster, which would give a 2 week or less turn around. I shot him an email about it, we will see

User Tag List