Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How's the new 229?

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    Well that's disappointing. I really want one of these.
    Get one, functionally my 229R and SP2022 are great.
    But don't pay extra for night sights until you find out what combination you need to get the POA/POI you like.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Received the +0.040" Ameriglo night sights in for my P229R.
    I finally have it shooting exactly where I want it.

25 rounds of 124gr. Winchester NATO FMJ on a 3" target at 25 yards in strings of 5 (1-DA, 4-SA)

"For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

I saw where you posted how much taller the sights were, but what size specifically were they? I need to do the same thing. Although mine are pretty dead on at 100 yards

Quote Originally Posted by justintime View Post
    I saw where you posted how much taller the sights were, but what size specifically were they? I need to do the same thing. Although mine are pretty dead on at 100 yards
    0.280" front (Sig #8 is 0.220")
    0.270" rear (Sig #8 is 0.250")

Gracias senior

that's a nice looking target, I can see why you went to the trouble of finding sights that work
    I am not fat, I am wearing organic body armor.
    "Foreign policy is best left to the people with a head for negotiation and satisfying others without really giving anything away: customer service representatives."
    - Sheepdog247

Quote Originally Posted by DanH View Post
    that's a nice looking target, I can see why you went to the trouble of finding sights that work
    Exactly.
    There's right at 10 shots into 1" at the top center.
    I was leaning back against a waist high table, so this group was shot braced but not supported off hand.
    For comparison my P2000 group under the same conditions would be about 1" larger and there would not be one ragged hole for 50% of the shots.
    The SA trigger and tighter sight picture (including a narrower front sight) vs. the Trijicon HD's on my P2000 makes a big difference

That is a very nice looking target all right. Glad you found the right sights to make it happen.

User Tag List