Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ruger GP100 Match Champion

Quote Originally Posted by S391 View Post
    I'm curious to hear how they shoot.......
    The one I shot at Media Day shot just fine. Better trigger than my stock GP100s, about on par with my old 686 Pro Series.

Some GP100 love by Eric Roberts on last night's episode of Justified.
    Name:  GP100.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  21.7 KB
    Wrong Roads
    Last edited by NEPAKevin; 03-12-2014 at 11:33 AM.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

I bought a GP100 3 and 6inch in the late 80`sto add to my S&W collection of JKL frames.
    My very first group with the 6inch had all 6 rds into the x ring and it was over 25yards because my older friends said the 6inch was cheating.

I love the original GP100 grip , made full boat loads easier to handle.

I really fell in love with the 3inch GP100 and carried it AIWB. Bill drills are easy to do with the GP100 when using 38spl or 38spl+P

The only reason I sold it was a good friend needing a good handgun for SD. He later turn around and sold it for El cheapo pot metal 45acp . he claims he likes it better. Rrrr never again

I prefer the S&W looks but the GP 100 is every bit as good as a 686.

My wife has a GP100 with short shroud that is "chambered" in .38 special. It was a trade in from a security company. Got it for an incredible price. She uses it for IDPA.

Quote Originally Posted by 167 View Post
    My wife has a GP100 with short shroud that is "chambered" in .38 special. It was a trade in from a security company. Got it for an incredible price. She uses it for IDPA.
    Speaking of .38-only GPs with compact grips, here's a GPNY of my acquaintance (since more pics is better)

Been eying the Match Champion. Snagged a WC blued. It appears that the sight is a standard Novak. Don't see any reason why an adjustable Novak wouldn't fit.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Been eying the Match Champion. Snagged a WC blued. It appears that the sight is a standard Novak. Don't see any reason why an adjustable Novak wouldn't fit.
    Is it blasphemous that I'm curious whether or not a Warren or 10-8 sight would fit that particular dovetail?

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Is it blasphemous that I'm curious whether or not a Warren or 10-8 sight would fit that particular dovetail?
    The rear sight is apparently the Novak .380 sight, so if you can find an adjustable sight for that, it would work.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    The rear sight is apparently the Novak .380 sight, so if you can find an adjustable sight for that, it would work.
    Per Kevin @ Novak CS:

The rear is a Colt 380 cut and the front is a standard cut but the dovetail is not as wide as a Regular Front sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Per Kevin @ Novak CS:
    That "dovetails" nicely with what I've heard.

YEAAAAHHH

User Tag List