Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ruger GP100 Match Champion

I couldn't help but think that the LCRx in .22lr, with one of those fancy glowy fiber dot front sights, would make a very nice in the woods pocket gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I couldn't help but think that the LCRx in .22lr, with one of those fancy glowy fiber dot front sights, would make a very nice in the woods pocket gun.
    I thought the same thing, but with a 3" barrel as a lightweight "kit gun" alternative to the 4" SP101.

I keep eyeing the LCR in 22WM for AIWB carry when I'm coyote hunting in the northern CA hills. I'd likely buy one on the spot if I found a version with a 3-inch barrel as peterb mentions.

That said, the GP100 Match Champ is pretty damn sexy. That one's going on the "ask my gun store guy to let me know when one comes in" list...

While the fixed rear sight looks good, how much of a pain will it be to get a good zero, given how common POI shift is amongst different weight revolver loads?

With my adjustable sighted 329's, I have a dedicated .44 special 329, as even with the adjustable rear, the POI shift is too great between .44 special and my heavier weight magnum loads.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    While the fixed rear sight looks good, how much of a pain will it be to get a good zero, given how common POI shift is amongst different weight revolver loads?

With my adjustable sighted 329's, I have a dedicated .44 special 329, as even with the adjustable rear, the POI shift is too great between .44 special and my heavier weight magnum loads.
    I think the idea with a fixed sight wheel gun was to file the front sight to fit your fightin' load and hold off as appropriate for your practice load. I don't think fixed sight revolvers were conceived with the idea of having a different load for every purpose under the sun.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Gonna be hard to file that fiber optic...

With .22s I haven't noticed as much of a POA vs POI difference. Almost everything I shoot through my 317 hits to the same POA, with groups larger or smaller according to how well the gun likes said bullets.

Recoil is why different loads hit to different POA in wheelguns, and the .22 has so little of that.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

I am praying that when my samples show up they're regulated for 158 grain bullets, because my go IDPA load is a 158 at 800.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I am praying that when my samples show up they're regulated for 158 grain bullets, because my go IDPA load is a 158 at 800.
    I'd frankly be amazed if they weren't, Caleb-since the beginning of time (well, since Ruger introduced their DA revolvers), all their .38 Special/.357 Magnum fixed-sight revolvers have been regulated for the 158 grainers.

Best, Jon

I'm not a revolver guy, but this offering has me interested.

User Tag List