Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ruger GP100 Match Champion

Any idea on price tag? As long as they don't try to sell thing as a $1200-$1500 revolver, I probably add this to the "to buy" list for 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph B. View Post
    Any idea on price tag? As long as they don't try to sell thing as a $1200-$1500 revolver, I probably add this to the "to buy" list for 2014.
    MSRP is around $900, so it'll probably street for $850ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    ...and a gold house. And a rocket car.

ETA: Actually, you know what? Not an L-frame. I want a 520 reintroduction, of the real 520, not the re-cycling of the number for some L-frame abortion, but an honest-to-Wotan fixed sight N in .357, but make it an eight shooter.

(I don't know why you think I care about the lock. )
    I type "no-lock" before S&W the way life-long Catholics genuflect.

In other news, the paroxysmal trip to the Ruger website induced by this thread found that we shall soon be graced with an external-hammer LCR with SA capability.

Where is the "yawn" smiley?

The LCRx, they're calling it. It was apparently made in response to customer demand; because apparently there are lots of people who don't understand that hammer spurs on defensive revolvers are an abomination unto the lord.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    The LCRx, they're calling it. It was apparently made in response to customer demand; because apparently there are lots of people who don't understand that hammer spurs on defensive revolvers are an abomination unto the lord.
    Nonsense. How are you supposed to intimidate bad guys if you can't thumb the hammer back during a Mexican standoff? I don't carry my pump gun around with me all the time.

On another note, no matter what I try I've been completely unable to get my Glocks to make that hammer-cocking noise. I know they can do it because I've heard lots of Glocks make that noise on TV shows. What am I doing wrong?

I got a customer survey from Ruger, that LCRx was one of the things that could be voted for as a "next" product. Obviously more thn a few people hit the "yup" button on that one.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    As God is my witness, and from no small number of years behind the glass, the number of Cletii who:

1. DEMAND single action ability on their pocket revolver, and yet...
    2. Think the S&W Bodyguard .38s (the real bodyguard .38, not this new abortion) are too ugly to own...

...are positively legion. This is maybe the largest single handgun buying demographic outside of "People Who Think They're Too Tactical For A Revolver But Can't Spend More Than $249.95 On A Handgun".
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    As God is my witness, and from no small number of years behind the glass, the number of Cletii who:

1. DEMAND single action ability on their pocket revolver, and yet...
    2. Think the S&W Bodyguard .38s (the real bodyguard .38, not this new abortion) are too ugly to own...

...are positively legion. This is maybe the largest single handgun buying demographic outside of "People Who Think They're Too Tactical For A Revolver But Can't Spend More Than $249.95 On A Handgun".
    I will say that single action is nice on a pocket wheelgun when you're trying to hit a steel target at 75 yards in the Oregon desert.

But other than that, it's just silliness. I once had a Cleetus explain that he wanted it single action so his wife could shoot it too; since DAO was "too hard" for her. I did not hit him in the mouth, despite the temptation.

Far too many post to multi-quote and "+1" in this thread!

Upon getting the email announcement of the LCRx my first thought was, "Why?"

That Match Champion really speaks to me! I've been wishing for another 3-4" medium frame .357. I recently acquired a 4" 15-3 to have a wheelgun in the stable again, but have been debating trying to trade it on a new no-lock 642 I just came across.

User Tag List