Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: New Ruger GP100 Match Champion

I kind of like this new development. Since I have no revolvers in my life, maybe this would be a good choice for a first.

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Folks, I can’t get this new Talo MC out of my mind.

It doesn’t help that I have a set of lett’s compact grips, maybe a dozen 586 speedloaders, and a wide assortment of unused wolff springs laying around from my days of Ioweganing GPNYs and SPNYs, but no DA Rugers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post

It doesn’t help that I have a set of lett’s compact grips, maybe a dozen 586 speedloaders, and a wide assortment of unused wolff springs laying around from my days of Ioweganing GPNYs and SPNYs, but no DA Rugers.
    Well, knowing the enabling nature of this board, there’s only one thing to do..Having succumbed to the same thing while reading the thread about 3” GP-100’s in .44 special, I now have a brand new one sitting on my desk as I type this, awaiting brass from Starline.. To make matters worse, I ordered a Sourdough Pancake holster for it (oxblood, w/straps for IWB ) from Simply Rugged Holsters yesterday, after I checked my bank accounts online, and saw that my stimulus check was going to be deposited tomorrow..
    Last edited by ralph; 04-14-2020 at 07:43 PM.

Talking

Have Wolff 10/10 in mine and it likes to cut nice concentric groups with 173gr Keiths sitting atop of a healthy dose of 2400. This is for Sidheshooter in case her forgot how well GPs like 357 loads.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"

My vote is still with the Lipsey's five-inch blued half lug from a couple years back.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    My vote is still with the Lipsey's five-inch blued half lug from a couple years back.
    That really was the first smokin’ hot looking GP100, IMHO.

That really was the first smokin’ hot looking GP100, IMHO.
    The 10mm version of that gun is really nice. Grips on the one I had are kind of junky but they got replaced with a quickness.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate56 View Post
    This is hilarious to me. I was just checking out the new GP100 “plain” MC two days ago after years of not even bothering with my revolvers. I’m one that prefers a full underlug, and prefer rubber Hogue’s over wood. This new one is just what I want. I bought a stainless 3” “Wiley Clapp” GP100 used years ago. It has become my favorite revolver, more so than my S&W 686.
    I have many wants for the 3" WC and the new full lug 4" MC.

A not so quick email to Ruger Customer Service verifies that the front sight is standard GP100 fare. Beyond that, the only other differences between the TALO version and a standard adjustable rear sight GP100 Match Champion are the full under lug and grips.

User Tag List