Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there realistic thrillers (books)? Can you recommend something?

Are there realistic thrillers (books)? Can you recommend something?

Seems like a well read group here, so I will ask.

Are there realistic thrillers/ action books out there?

Other than LeCarre and Forsythe, I have read many in the genre, but I picked up a Brad Thor book at the airport. The heroe eliminated dozen of top assassins that all should have had the drop on him. Someone recommended The Gray Man series, but judging by the reviews it's even further over the top.

I guess what I'm looking for is something like the movie Ronin or Collateral - lots of action but not so unbelievable that I have to completely suspend disbelief.

Thanks

Site Supporter
    One I really enjoyed is "Dead Six" by Larry Correia and Mike Kupari. The story is somewhat dark in places, many good action scenes and interesting characters. You might find bits of it less than totally realistic but I think the authors did a good job with it. Pretty much grabs you right from the start.
    Last edited by Robinson; 12-19-2013 at 05:16 PM.

Take a look at Barry Eisler's stuff.
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

Tom Clancy

All the thrillers I have read are at least a little over the top but thats why I love em.

Mitch Rapp series by Vince Flynn http://www.amazon.com/Vince-Flynn-Co...+rapp+in+order

Kolt Raynor series by Dalton Fury http://www.amazon.com/Black-Site-Del...7493322&sr=1-1

Dead Six series by Larry Correia and Mike Kupari http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Six-Larry...=larry+correia

Mike

Mack Bolan series, hands down.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    If you are a gun nut and have not read Pale Horse Coming, you are missing out.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Are there realistic thrillers (books)? Can you recommend something?

Along with everything listed, I also recommend the Pike Logan and Grey Man series.

Edit: I reread the OP and saw the Grey Man series mentioned. I don't think it's too far over the top, honestly. Good action sequences and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    If you are a gun nut and have not read Pale Horse Coming, you are missing out.
    Agreed.

Stephen Hunters books are a must read for gun people.

Try The Feathermen. It's a classic from the '80s. The author is Ranulph Feinnes and he's the real deal, google him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Tag List