Thread: Volquartsen LLV Upper Suppressor Host

Volquartsen LLV Upper Suppressor Host

I'm considering what color to choose in a threaded Volquartsen LLV Upper for my Hunter with TK LCI replacement & bushing, SS Volquartsen Trigger and Accurizing kit.

I can't find any pictures online of the (as of 2012) newest version of Volquartsen's silver LLV on a stainless Ruger frame, only black on SS or vice versa. I would eventually like to add a V competition bolt, HSH, and Volquartsen Lower to effectively have two complete guns, but for now the LLV and suppressor are on deck.

Which color LLV do you think would look the best on a stainless Ruger frame?

I tried to find a white Silencerco Sparrow in stock for a reasonable price, thinking that would look awesome on an all-silver/SS gun, but ended up ordering a black one.

I've read that NiB (Nickel Boron) finishes are some of the best, and the newest silver coating for the Volquartsen LLV is NiB. Black is hard anodized.

I like both for different reasons, but can't decide. If NiB is really a better finish then I'll stick with that (on back order) but there is one black with sights available.

Thoughts on the finish materials and look?
    Plus

Or this:

I think I've decided on the NiB, as Scott V said another customer spent a whole deciding about the same thing (silver or black on a SS Lower), ended up with the silver NiB and is really happy with it. Scott said the newer NiB finishes look much better than the older powder-coated silver.

BUT, there's still something about the thought of an eventual all black gun (with a Volquartsen lower later) that appeals to me. The tactical black look is tempting me, but not seeing any examples of the NiB LLV on a lower other than blued is leaving it all up to my imagination...

As it stands, my order is still with the NiB, waiting on a week or so to finish.

Thoughts?

I'm a big fan of matte stainless int he looks department, but I have to say that both of those look like more fun than one person should have. So send me one
    I am not fat, I am wearing organic body armor.
    "Foreign policy is best left to the people with a head for negotiation and satisfying others without really giving anything away: customer service representatives."
    - Sheepdog247

User Tag List