Thread: Sig P226 Blackwater weirdness

Sig P226 Blackwater weirdness

Hello all! New to the forum, but long time reader!

I have purchased a used Sig P226 Blackwater and really like the gun. However, I've never had a Sig do this on me:
    When the slide is locked back, pulling the trigger will cause a "clicking sound" rather than, well, nothing.

Normal? Cause for alarm? I've only seen one other thread on it on teh Interwebz and it was about the SRT trigger doing that, but this shouldn't have the SRT, the trigger reset is standard Sig long.

Thanks for any help!
    Kilroy was here...

Vern,

The Blackwater model comes with SRT parts and (usually) a standard width trigger. The SRT kits include an SRT sear and sear safety lever, not the actual trigger itself. I have a handful of Sigs that manifest the same slight trigger resistance you're describing when the slide is locked back. I believe it's the trigger bar causing it, not the sear or SSL. Reason being is that I've installed SRT parts on several older 226s (mid 90s with older trigger bars), and they DON'T have what you're describing.

FWIW, I actually like having it for SA dry fire 'strings'; it provides a little sensation with each press instead of having no resistance.

Regardless, it's completely normal and there's nothing to worry about.

t

taadski,

Thank you! Cleared up a lot of questions for me.
    Kilroy was here...

User Tag List