Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: First Time I've Seen This Tactic Promoted

First Time I've Seen This Tactic Promoted

Youtube video. Shooting behind you w/o turning (i.e., moving the feet to face the threat.)

I've never seen this taught by anyone else, anywhere else.

He's hitting a very large steel target at what appears to be very close range. I would be much more comfortable to take off running (well, my version of running anyway) and getting out of there as quickly as possible.

I just dunno.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

I would like to take away that Marines shirt from him. Sigh......
    #RESIST

I hope that camera was on a tripod. I'd have a problem with someone doing that anywhere near me on a range.
    Also, nice helmet dingus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are diminished
    Camera moves with him at the end, can't be on a tripod.

My question would be: Have you measured the supposed time savings between "turning torso, feet planted" and "turning whole body" such that you can demonstrate actual time savings to staying flat footed and toes uprange?

And that's assuming for sake of discussion that, at such close range, we'd want to stay flat footed on purpose. Even in the demo, once he starts to move he's turning to face the threat. So why not just face (and become mobile) right from the start?

Todd, I am guessing dude doesn't own a timer, but it sure "feels" faster.

Just watching his slow-ish draw tells me he could both move and draw without losing a nano second.

Yeah, upon a second viewing I can definitely tell the camera is moving. Also, he really ganked that third draw especially.

I commented on YouTube and got the "360 degree range" excuse
    #RESIST

Lots of Short Bus potential here.

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Lots of Short Bus potential here.
    The helmet looks more Short Bus than Tacticool.

He's already made the decision to draw and fire WITHOUT first assessing what's actually behind him. Who knows what distances are involved and the actual location of the threat in a "real life" incident.

Do we want Mr. Gat punched out there into the breeze, maybe right into someone else's hands?

Look before you leap?????
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

User Tag List