Page 91 of 120 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Bore carry/general purpose outdoorsmen revolver pic and discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Sir, you own too many nice revolvers!
    Thank you. I need to carry it more though. It doesn't get it's fair share.
    Name:  original_00adf3db-f4e5-4a87-8ca6-68aaccef0ec8_20201005_104600.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  100.3 KB

I have too many higher priority projects pending but you guys are about to make me price gripframes for my 357 Mag. old model Vaquero rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    I have too many higher priority projects pending but you guys are about to make me price gripframes for my 357 Mag. old model Vaquero rebuild.
    I was thinking the same thing! My New Vaquero already has wood stocks, but another 3/4” in length would be nice.

If you grew up watching John Wayne movies (and still watch them) this brass kind of makes you grin!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    If you grew up watching John Wayne movies (and still watch them) this brass kind of makes you grin!
    If you were going to buy a Single Action would you go with 44 Mag or 45 Colt?

People (not specifically HD, just the public in general) often have an image of the old Idaho cowboy in his tall hat and sometimes chomping on a cigar, with a sixgun in hand, and they think "old man" set in his ways.

What many may not consider is that he was absolutely an innovator, experimenter and pioneer in the industry. He pushed forward new ideas constantly. Some worked, some did not.

In fact, that old Ruger Blackhawk .45 is very much a product of Elmer Keith's visions as well as Bill Ruger's. When Ruger built the first Flattops he sent one to Keith. Keith told him that the rear sight needed to be redesigned to not wiggle when raised. He also filed on the front sight to get it to hit where he wanted it. Further he did not like the grip, and told Ruger as much. He suggested a larger grip for larger, hard recoiling cartridges like the .44 Mag. Keith suggested a "dragoon" grip, which Ruger did on some models. The sight which is on the current models (versus the Flattops ) is a result of Keiths critiques.

Wish Bill had listened to someone else.

Elmer gave us the less-ergonomic XR3-RED grip frame, the cheap, crappy aluminum rear sight (plus the fugly ribs), and, worst of all, the POSITIVELY abominable dragoon grip frame.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

.45 Special? Great, another rabbit-hole to explore…
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Now *that’s* interesting. Basically ACP level loads?

Name:  83F3AEA0-9576-4DE1-8B33-6075FD9C5BE2.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  56.0 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Catshooter View Post
    Dave,

That is one beautiful roller. Now if it had one-piece (real) Ivories it would be perfect!
    Did someone mention "Ivories"
    Pair of second gen SAA in .44 special both mfg in 1959

Name:  SA Revolvers and Kahrs 00010.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  94.3 KB
    Dean,
    “The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” - Thomas Paine
    "The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."- Antonio Meloni

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Basically a .45 acp case with a .45 colt rim. Mainly used for shooting reduced recoil loads for the cowboys.
    Not sure they would feed reliably in the lever guns. Mostly for the revolvers.
    Shorter than the .45 Schofield case.
    Last edited by baddean; 02-22-2022 at 04:10 PM.
    Dean,
    “The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” - Thomas Paine
    "The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."- Antonio Meloni

User Tag List