Page 87 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Bore carry/general purpose outdoorsmen revolver pic and discussion thread

Some Classy Lanyard Ring Options

https://parts.bowenclassicarms.com/i...=index&cPath=7

I have not used any of these, and my only relationship with BCA is as a customer. Thus far, I only have one Bowen Classic Arms product, a rear sight.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

We just got home. We paddled across the lake we live on, had a pb&j sandwich (with my strawberry rhubarb jam) and a cookie before hanging out then paddling home.

I still need to work on a lanyard. It was windy and we got spun around a few times.
    Name:  IMG_20211017_114554~2.jpg
Views: 995
Size:  85.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Anyone have a deer load they like in .44 Magnum? Most all my loading has been 240 gr SWC which I know will do the job, but I picked up some H110 and some 240 gr XTPs to test load for close range whitetails. We actually have a week dedicated to handguns and muzzleloaders and I’m hoping to hit that season harder this year.
    I used to run a max load of H110 or 296 behind an LBT 44/280/WFN. My hunting revolver was a 7.5” Ruger Bisley.

I didn’t own a chrono back then, so no idea as to velocity.

I did finally figure out that that bullet was going to bore a meplat-sized hole all the way through a whitetail at any distance I could hit them, whether it left the muzzle at 900 or 1,400 FPS, so I dialed it down to 8.5 grains of Unique.

Hodgdons web site should have data for H110, probably with that exact bullet. If not it’ll have plenty of data for a 240 JHP.

You’ll need to get close to max with H110, both for accuracy and expansion.

As I consider having the barrel of my Mountain revolver shortened to 3.5" (to solve a hairline crack in the front sight ramp and to mimic the handling & look of the M27 3.5"), which front sight / sight set would you choose for a hunters backup/self defense revolver? Tritium? fiber? Which manufacturer?

Although no longer available, I would personally choose the Millet front sights, which had that blaze orange stripe, and a Bowen Rough country rear.
    If I couldn't find a Millet on the web, I would even consider a standard dot XS with a colored outline. I know they offer green, but for my eyes, I would prefer orange
    D&L Sports also makes a great rear sight.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Although no longer available, I would personally choose the Millet front sights, which had that blaze orange stripe, and a Bowen Rough country rear.
    If I couldn't find a Millet on the web, I would even consider a standard dot XS with a colored outline. I know they offer green, but for my eyes, I would prefer orange
    D&L Sports also makes a great rear sight.
    I've settled on a Patridge with gold bead for the front and a plain serrated black Bowen Rough Country rear for my adjustable sight S&Ws. I bet I would like an orange front, though.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Personally, I like the fiber optic 1/10" from Dawson Precision

and the Bowen Classic Arms rough country rear.

YMMV

Paul

I would love to have a Trijicon HD sight on it, and as the gunsmith would have to cut a new dovetail anyway, would it make sense to cut one for 1911 Novak front sights?
    The availability of dedicated S&W front sights seems to pale in comparison to 1911 ones.

Is it just the blade that's cracked? Could you post a pic?

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....amp-on-S-amp-W

but would really like it to look like this:

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by overton; 12-06-2021 at 10:57 AM.

User Tag List