Page 75 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Bore carry/general purpose outdoorsmen revolver pic and discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post

The Model 329 out to come with a few hundred rounds of Russians, as they were made for each other.

On a side note, I met with a younger guy to sell some ammo to him, and we got on the topic of shooting. He was super excited to find out I loaded .44s and wanted to show me his Super Blackhawk. He pulled it out of his truck and proceeded to unload it while talking to me about buying some Russians, as he would like his wife to try some. Then he handed the revolver to me.

As a matter of habit, while talking to him, I checked for myself, and he almost got it right, getting 5 out of 6 chambers empty. I handed him the extra round and continued to carry on the conversation. Told him it was a nice gun, etc, etc. No need to chastise. I am betting he probably felt a little sheepish.

It was a good reminder for me too that my old habit of checking for myself, even if I just watched somebody is a good one. I do enough dumb stuff as it is.

CHEERS!
    I quit counting how many times I’ve had to unchamber other people’s unloaded guns...
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Snowshoeing looks like such a nice, clean way to get about. We have wet, muddy winters, down here in SE Texas; miserable for getting about, in the woods.
    Its snow or mud here.

My mother in law was watching the kids so we stole out for a couple hours.

There's an abandoned leanto a mile away if we walk over our lake. Its a nice walk and a nice quiet spot to have some mommy daddy time.

Name:  20210216_132254.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  19.0 KB

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    Here are a couple more of my woods, desert, mountain bumming guns. I have a pair of Model 27-2's with 5" barrels. I love reading Skeeter Skelton so I set out to find a 5" Model 27 to see what all the magic was about. I ended up finding two from locals in my hometown. After playing with them quite a bit, I found out that Skeeter was right. I love the .44 spl, but these two are great shooters. I have a nice Sourdough Pancake to tote them around.

Name:  IMG_1170.jpg
Views: 777
Size:  48.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    Here are a couple more of my woods, desert, mountain bumming guns. I have a pair of Model 27-2's with 5" barrels. I love reading Skeeter Skelton so I set out to find a 5" Model 27 to see what all the magic was about. I ended up finding two from locals in my hometown. After playing with them quite a bit, I found out that Skeeter was right. I love the .44 spl, but these two are great shooters. I have a nice Sourdough Pancake to tote them around.

I came up reading Skelton too, and that’s one of my holy grail guns. Nice!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post

The 5" N Frame just oozes perfection!

Those 27-2s are so nice, especially with that skinny barrel, and a pair of them is awfully sweet. It is hard not to smile when you pick one of those up.

I always thought that converting one to a Model 29 would be just the ticket. Essentially a 5" Mountain gun. Even if I only shot .44 Special equivalent loads in it. Just to have the ability to put a mag load in it if I needed sounded pretty cool. But then I come to my senses and tell myself to appreciate what I already have!

These Communist Midgets make for practicing with the speed-loaders pretty easy!

Shouldn't it be Czarist?

How do you like the lasergrips?

The grips are not bad, and for the 329's role as pretty much purely a defensive gun, they work well. The shape is actually fairly ergonomic. They have an aggressive texture that I would not want to pound hundreds of full power loads through bare handed, but for getting a good purchase on the gun, they work very well.

Overall I like them, and for getting on target fast in low light without actually looking at the sights, they are great.

Local dealer has a NIB 329PD . It’s been tough to resist.

User Tag List