Page 73 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Bore carry/general purpose outdoorsmen revolver pic and discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Need some leather for rambling in the woods. Let me know what you recommend without breaking the bank.
    Peruse Mernickle Leather.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Need some leather for rambling in the woods. Let me know what you recommend without breaking the bank.
    I have been extremely happy with my Simply Rugged holster for my GP100. I've had it two years and it sees use a couple times a week for several hours at a time as I woodsbum with my GP100.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Also happy with a Simply Rugged for that application.

Mernickle Performance Series is imo the best sub $100 leather available. No affiliation and I don't have any experience with their cowpoke type gear but I've worn a PS06DA with a 4" N frame daily for about 10 months now. I'm going to order one for my Blackhawk.
    A LOT of people love Simply Rugged but I don't like them. They are expensive for what you get, have more leather than necessary (and to much leather past the end of the barrel) and try to close up when empty.
    But I'm particular about holsters staying 100% open for reholstering.

I have a local guy making me a Barranti style holster. I actually work with him at my day job. He is taking over the leather working business from his ailing uncle. I'll post when I get it.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Nice piece. Hanging around all the old fart revolver groups, the answers I usually get are Barranti, Simply Rugged or El Paso Saddelry in order from most expensive to least expensive, depending on your definition of break the bank.
    I have a few El Paso shoulder holsters for cruising the back country.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by JTMcC View Post
    Peruse Mernickle Leather.
    Name:  20200901_120906(1).jpg
Views: 832
Size:  87.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Name:  20200901_120906(1).jpg
Views: 832
Size:  87.0 KB
    Name:  235.jpg
Views: 826
Size:  35.3 KB

I also carry a 629 Mountain Gun in a Mernickle PS holster and it is one of the best holsters I own. I've had this Mernickle holster for 20 years, and it' s still good to go. Holds the firearm high and tight and easy to access and draw from.

Alex from American Classic Gunleather.
    https://www.facebook.com/American-Cl...68755490107795
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

User Tag List