Page 68 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Bore carry/general purpose outdoorsmen revolver pic and discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I had no idea. Sounds cool.

Okie John
    It has nice balance. I’ve wanted one and the adjustable sight version 620 ever since they came out, they only made them for a few years. The 619 popped up first.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye63 View Post
    Only Big Bore revolvers I own lean toward self protection from two legged predators ,

Attachment 61010
    Charter 45acp
    Attachment 61011
    Charter 44spl boomer
    Attachment 61012
    Charter 44spl Bulldog
    What has your experience been with the Charters ? I am intrigued by them - esp. the idea of the .45 acp. Could you run 45 supers in it ? I know the S&W and colts seem to be the preference ... but the availability of the Charters and the price point are tempting. I only have 45lc and .357 at the moment ... thinking of trying out the 44spc as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JPedersen View Post
    What has your experience been with the Charters ? I am intrigued by them - esp. the idea of the .45 acp. Could you run 45 supers in it ? I know the S&W and colts seem to be the preference ... but the availability of the Charters and the price point are tempting. I only have 45lc and .357 at the moment ... thinking of trying out the 44spc as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have owned at least 1 Charter for the past 35 to 40 years .. only had two to go back to the mothership... one was my fault the other was a new one .. and it has been a odd experience...but they have been working hard trying to keep up with demand... I have 9 Charters at this time .... so .. you can tell .. I like’em
    Three 38spl, two 357mag , two 44 Spl , a 40 S&W & a 45acp ( I like the 40 S&W)

But anyway.. I wouldn’t run 45 Super in a Charter 45acp myself .. Maybe limited +P for SD ..

Site Supporter
    Only Big Bore revolvers I own lean toward self protection from two legged predators ,

Attachment 61011
    Charter 44spl boomer
    I have personally had lousy lucky with CA revolvers, but I have to confess a total irrational attraction to the Boomer. If nothing else full of shot shells it would be a heck of a back pocket snake gun.

Quote Originally Posted by revolvergeek View Post
    I have personally had lousy lucky with CA revolvers, but I have to confess a total irrational attraction to the Boomer. If nothing else full of shot shells it would be a heck of a back pocket snake gun.
    I like to jacket / coat pocket carry it .. when the temperatures drop..

Name:  20201005_104600.jpg
Views: 901
Size:  100.3 KB

You guys are killing me with these Blackhawk pics. I might have to go see if someone has any in stock around me...

Site Supporter
    Attachment 61011
    Charter 44spl boomer
    I’ve not heard of the “Boomer” before. Is this a factory gun or a smithed solution?

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I’ve not heard of the “Boomer” before. Is this a factory gun or a smithed solution?
    Its factory.. Charter 44 spl .. 2 inc barrel , ported DAO , Black Nitride over stainless .. with the small, thin wooden grip panels .. weighs is at 16.2 oz

In the 70’s Magna-Port .. customized 500?? Charter 44 Spl. Bulldogs in this similar configuration .. called it The Backpacker

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    You guys are killing me with these Blackhawk pics. I might have to go see if someone has any in stock around me...
    All the cool kids are doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List