Page 64 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Bore carry/general purpose outdoorsmen revolver pic and discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    No. It headspaces on the case mouth just like in an auto pistol. The ejector rod of a single action doesn't depend on the case rim, it comes up into the case and punches it out.
    Ah, that makes sense. That’s actually pretty cool! I’ll be sure to pick up a convertible package deal then. Sounds like I’ll need to handle a 4 5/8” and a 5.5” to see what I like better. I do like how the Wrangler handles, but never held a 5.5” before.

Thanks, guys!

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    How does the convertible cylinder work for .45Auto? Don’t you have to use moonclips of some sort due to the lack of a rimmed case?
    I have a Convertible Blackhawk in .357/9mm. The 9mm cylinder has a shoulder in it for headspacing the cases. So, no moonclip and the cases are ejected out the way that rimmed cases do.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

really scored today. S&W Mountain Revolver .44 Magnum for 330,- and Ruger Security Six 3" for 150,-.

Name:  IMG_20200725_192950.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  88.2 KB

^^^ Well done!

The grips on the Mountain gun are from a K frame. When that model first came out there wasnt much available for round butt N frames, many used K frame grips,like the Pachmayrs that covered the backstrap, but with the frame edges exposed at the back with no grips right on the sides it must be interesting to shoot with full mag loads.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks for the advice! Which grips would be "the pistolforum way"?

Also need a new front sight.

Quote Originally Posted by overton View Post
    Thanks for the advice! Which grips would be "the pistolforum way"?

Also need a new front sight.
    Really nice pair of revolvers.

I've seen BluMagnum Grips mentioned/suggested more than a few times by several on this forum.
    While I have no experience with the company/product, I intend to visit their shop (if they allow it) the next time I'm in Colorado.
    Hoping samples of the different stocks might be available to handle before ordering.

https://www.blu-magnum.com/

N frame grips, first of all. Secondly, how big is your hand? Trigger reach is very important and grips with covered back of gripframe make for a long reach. The original MG and I have one had Pachmayr with a covered gripframe. However, Hogue and VZ come to mind and Blu Magnum are wood and very well crafted. Here is a pic of my Mountain Revolver (MG) with my Smith 624. The Mountain Guns have roundbutt gripframes. I have a Hogue grip on it with exposed gripframe.

really scored today. S&W Mountain Revolver .44 Magnum for 330,- and Ruger Security Six 3" for 150,-.

Score? That was the bargain of a lifetime! Great deal for two great revolvers!!

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

At those prices, you have seven years to enjoy them before the Devil claims your soul.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I have the very same SS in stainless. You're gonna love it.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

User Tag List