Page 61 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Bore carry/general purpose outdoorsmen revolver pic and discussion thread

Though it doesn't get outdoors all that much, I guess my Freedom Arms .454 would qualify as an outdoorsman revolver.

BTW, BehindBlueIs, A new mainspring is fine, but if the trigger needs to move forward a bit to prevent push-off, you'll likely need a new trigger rebound spring. I had a two 629s. Very nice guns. Wish I'd kept at least one of them
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My new outdoor toy.

Site Supporter
    After moving to the PNW a few years ago, I find myself spending a lot more time than I used to in the great outdoors. My "woods gun" has always just been my regular carry gun... a gen 3 19.

You guys have inspired me to dig out the only revolver I own. As soon as I figure out some way to carry it discretely, I think it is going to start accompanying me into the woods.

4" shooter-grade Triple Lock:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post
    After moving to the PNW a few years ago, I find myself spending a lot more time than I used to in the great outdoors. My "woods gun" has always just been my regular carry gun... a gen 3 19.

You guys have inspired me to dig out the only revolver I own. As soon as I figure out some way to carry it discretely, I think it is going to start accompanying me into the woods.

4" shooter-grade Triple Lock:
    That's lovely.

I discretely carry a 4" GP100 in a Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake with the IWB straps. It's a smidge smaller than your Triple Lock, but not by enough that I think it would make a difference.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    If you're only going to have one revolver, a First Model 44 Hand Ejector is a dandy and a 4" at that. Wow!

Dave

PS: For security and protection I would also recommend the Simply Rugged pancake. Not as traditional as a Triple-Lock but it covers all the bases (protection, concealment, and accessibility).

This was all the way on pg 12

Name:  20200220_122624.jpg
Views: 1130
Size:  105.5 KB

It aint the Rockies but a snubby .357 makes a good claming gun.

Name:  20200510_121113~2.jpg
Views: 1132
Size:  85.1 KB
    I didn't fall in but sure was glad i had my m66. I usually fall in this river once or twice a year

Cool

Folks:
    This has to be one of my favorite threads of all time. I am somewhat disappointed that Lost River hasn't posted any gorgeous photos lately..... Just sayin"
    Bruce
    Bruce Cartwright
    Owner & chief instructor-SAC Tactical
    E-mail: "info@saconsco.com"

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Cartwright View Post
    Folks:
    This has to be one of my favorite threads of all time. I am somewhat disappointed that Lost River hasn't posted any gorgeous photos lately..... Just sayin"
    Bruce
    I wanna be Lost River when I grow up, so I'll post this.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I wanna be Lost River when I grow up, so I'll post this.

Okie John
    A little corroborating evidence: Model 29-2 at 10 yards. IIRC, the middle group was American Eagle 240-grain JHP. Left group is HSM Cowboy load, 240-grain SWC at 1,150 fps. Right load is a 240-grain handload.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List