Page 51 of 120 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Bore carry/general purpose outdoorsmen revolver pic and discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by richiecotite View Post
    @Lost River,

Do you put a heavy crimp on your standard load with unique? Or just for slower powders like 296/110?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I put the same crimp on all my .44 loads now, and across the board it has proven to increased my accuracy. I have simply just set the LEE roll crimp die to the setting it is at, and don't mess with it, even for the wadcutter loads.

Big Bore carry/general purpose outdoorsmen revolver pic and discussion thread

Sorry, no cool outdoor pics. Mod 57, p&r, triple t's, with ahrends; Lemon lime Powerade, Dom Kennedy mixtape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by richiecotite; 09-25-2017 at 06:30 PM.
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

629 and Garrett ammo.
    Attachment 20513
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

A trio of Redhawks. The top one is 41 mag, and the bottom two are 44 mag.

Last edited by andre3k; 10-12-2017 at 07:51 PM.

Looking at this thread makes me want to buy a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Looking at this thread makes me want to buy a horse.
    Makes me want to re-fi my house directly to Hamilton Bowen.

I really want to get into the revolver game with more pieces but the only thing that makes Occam's Sense right now is a 329PD, and those aren't exactly plinking guns.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Makes me want to re-fi my house directly to Hamilton Bowen.

I really want to get into the revolver game with more pieces but the only thing that makes Occam's Sense right now is a 329PD, and those aren't exactly plinking guns.
    Shooting one with the Ahrends grip is like someone is hitting your palm with a baseball bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    Shooting one with the Ahrends grip is like someone is hitting your palm with a baseball bat.
    Much more doable with a set of S&W 500 X Frame Hogue grips. Here's a couple of pics of my every day carry gun for the better part of a decade. Woods walking daily here in MT. Shot three 329s quite a bit over that time frame (9,000 rnds +- IIRC). Mostly 240s + with 18.0gr of 2400 for about 1,100 fps from the 4" bbl. The nice thing about the 329 is that you can load it to match your specific requirements (light for plinking, heavy for carry).

FWIW, my current go to .44 Mag is a 4 1/4" 5 shot S&W L Frame (M69). Much more pleasant to shoot, and the L Frame just works for me. Also been foolin' around with the 2 3/4" version -- neat little revolver and much easier to shoot than most would expect.

The 2 3/4" gun:

Recently acquired Simply Rugged leather for the 4 1/4" M69 (sale still on)

Sorry if I posted any of this before (long thread and I didn't go back and reread all of it).

Paul
    Last edited by paul105; 10-17-2017 at 09:13 AM.

I was cruising through northern Nevada today and stopped to take a couple of pics.

Have gun, will travel. Great ranch country. Lots of round-ups going on right now, as winter is fast approaching.

Shiny new Milt Sparks leather and my old 7.5" .44 Magnum Flattop.

User Tag List