Page 45 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Bore carry/general purpose outdoorsmen revolver pic and discussion thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    Would a 4"+ round butt .44 mag be considered sacrilege?
    I would consider it concealable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If it is practical, packable, and fits you well, then from my perspective, I have zero issue with it. Frankly, it has been my observation that many follow a somewhat standard "blueprint" of what a custom revolver must be, perhaps for the exercise of doing so, and never really explore the finer points of what really increases performance for them personally.

For an example, I took an interchangeable S&W front sight, and went to work on it with a file, to get a couple of different elevation references for shooting at extended ranges. Then the cuts got filled with orange paint, rather than something "classic". It may not be pretty aesthetically, but it worked for what I wanted to do, and allowed a bit more consistent performance within it's scope.

I suppose that is a bit of a long winded way of saying : Go with what works for you, and screw convention.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    For an example, I took an interchangeable S&W front sight, and went to work on it with a file, to get a couple of different elevation references for shooting at extended ranges. Then the cuts got filled with orange paint, rather than something "classic". It may not be pretty aesthetically, but it worked for what I wanted to do, and allowed a bit more consistent performance within it's scope.
    Brilliant! Thanks for sharing that.

I just noticed that this thread was started 3 years ago today. Great thread (yeah I am biased) with excellent contributions, both information wise, as well as pics.

Good stuff!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Site Supporter
    That's my "I'm not hunting" big bore back-country gun.

Chris

Fellow PF poster Alukban started a "guns and coffee" pic thread elsewhere on the interwebz. This was my humble submission, patterned after a great pic he has of a USFA SAA .45 Colt.

Anyways, time for a couple of updated shots, in a purely for fun thread.

I really need a new camera, but it would cut into the primer, powder, projectile funds!

Man those wadcutters look serious!

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Man those wadcutters look serious!

Seriously FUN!

Rabbits HATE them.

User Tag List