Page 4 of 120 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Bore carry/general purpose outdoorsmen revolver pic and discussion thread

No pics, and no big bore guns here. For GP outdoorsmen revolver down here my S&W Mdl 18 in .22LR gets called on most, usually carried in a Bianchi Universal Military Revolver holster, usually with a couple of rounds of snakeshot up first. The alternative is my S&W 642, also with a couple of shot loads up top. Our worries here are snakes and the occassional feral dog pack so a bear stopper isn't needed much.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    With a bird dog that runs like crazy, that scares the bejesus out of me! Will take bears over snakes any day.

It bothers me with dogs also. I had one dog get bit in the face once, it was really hard on her. The vet got her through it. I didn't like snakes before that, but took it personal afterwards.

My current dog was new to snakes. I saw a bull snake (good snake) in the road by the house, went and got the dog with her training collar and let her find it. When she did, and she got up to it, I gave her a good buzz. She jumped about 10 feet back, then barked like crazy at it. That's her current response to snakes, very interested, but wont get too close, just barks at them.

When I'm out with the dog(s), I kill all I see (rattlesnakes that is). There seems to be certain areas that have more or less snakes than others. I mostly avoid the snakier places when its warm enough for snakes.

"Both rigs are made by Survival Sheath Systems. Delivery and communication is very challenging, so buyer beware. I think there may be a new source soon, from a vendor highly respected by PF members."

I have a couple rigs from his. Challenging is an understatement. Neat rigs, so I am glad that someone with some business sense taking over may be a good thing, because I swore I would never go through the headache of trying to get anything out of them.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    "Both rigs are made by Survival Sheath Systems. Delivery and communication is very challenging, so buyer beware. I think there may be a new source soon, from a vendor highly respected by PF members."

I have a couple rigs from his. Challenging is an understatement. Neat rigs, so I am glad that someone with some business sense taking over may be a good thing, because I swore I would never go through the headache of trying to get anything out of them.
    I wonder if I may still see the knife sheath I ordered two years ago and was assured several times was about to ship.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I wonder if I may still see the knife sheath I ordered two years ago and was assured several times was about to ship.
    Your "items are shipping" from SS is like "If you like your healthcare plan, you can keep your healthcare plan". Makes you feel good, and then pisses you off to no end due to it being a blatant lie.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I am so madly in love with the gun in that picture that it's not even funny.

You don't sass back to a person carries a gun looks like that.
    What she said. My collection at this point is very small and shooter focused, with a bit of whimsy thrown in for my inner gun geek. To whit, the 1916 production Colt New Service in .455 that I rarely shoot but LOVE. I have a single Hk P7. That's lean and mean for this guy.

But I am viewing this thread and asking my self how anyone who so enjoyed Sixguns by Keith like yours truly did doesn't have a single N-frame. Forget the Triple Locks, I don't even have a basic Model 29 in 4" trim!

I need to get my priorities straight, obviously.
    Last edited by Clyde from Carolina; 12-18-2013 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Pretty unusual, but this was from two days. I hadn't seen one for two years before that.

Saw that many in one day at Pinon Canyon. Unfortunately, the best tool for the job the Army would let us have was a shovel.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Been to Pinon Canyon twice, a week at a time each, and never saw a snake. I feel robbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Saw that many in one day at Pinon Canyon. Unfortunately, the best tool for the job the Army would let us have was a shovel.

Shovels work fine, but aren't very handy to carry. I've shot them with bird shot and regular loads in various pistols, extra-light loads in centerfire rifles, 22 rifles, rocks, a shovel, and driven over them. I've tapped a couple on the head with a Winchester carbine butt also. I haven't tried the bushman method from the Gods Must Be Crazy movies (get behind it and grab the tail and flail its head on the ground)

A local shop mentioned that when the Guard went on field training he usually sold out of birdshot loads in 45 and 9mm.

I have absolutely no shame or remorse for killing rattlesnakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    I have absolutely no shame or remorse for killing rattlesnakes.
    They taste pretty good too.

User Tag List