Page 32 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Bore carry/general purpose outdoorsmen revolver pic and discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by LOBO View Post
    625-4 that originally had a 5" but I had it turned into a "Mountain Gun" copy. I use .45 auto rim in it more than acp. What's not to like about a 255 gr Keith @ 900 fps?

29-4, 5"

58-0, 4"

29-4, 3"

Old Model Three Screw in .45 Long Colt 4 5/8" circa March 1971. It's all original with no safety bar mod; ie...load four, skip one, load one.

I love that 29-4 5" gun. Yours looks nicer than mine, as my personal copy has spent a few hours riding on the hip. That said, I don't mind holster wear, and really like the look of a much used, but not abused old revolver.

Malamutes 4" 29 comes to mind.

BTW,

I think you got your single action loading sequence backwards. Probably just a momentary brain fade.

Instead of "load four, skip one, load one."

How about:

From half cock, load the first chamber, skip one chamber, and load four, then pull the hammer back to full-cock, and lower it on the empty chamber.

At least that is the way I learned.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    BTW,

I think you got your single action loading sequence backwards. Probably just a momentary brain fade.

Instead of "load four, skip one, load one."

How about:

From half cock, load the first chamber, skip one chamber, and load four, then pull the hammer back to full-cock, and lower it on the empty chamber.

At least that is the way I learned.
    That's how I learned it too (and still do it), but since I'm not an expert with SA revolvers, I thought maybe there was another way to do it. Haven't tried it that way though. Thinking it through, I don't suppose it would work out the same way.

That would be fun as heck!

Maybe some wax bullet loads..

Smack one or two rowdy ones on the rump with a heavy wax bullet.

That way they get the message, but don't get taken out of the gene pool!

That would be a hoot!

Think it would work for the dumb people also?

Or was that what you meant........

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1346
Size:  39.3 KB
    S&W 520 4" made in 1980 for the New York Staties but never delivered. Basically a 28 with fixed sights.

American Classic Gunleather to go with it. PROUD PAPA
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

Nice grips, Retro, and the 520 is superb.

Quote Originally Posted by coldcase1984 View Post
    nice grips, retro, and the 520 is superb.
    thanks,i'll let ya monkey finger it at the round up...........cya
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

Quote Originally Posted by LOBO View Post
    625-4 that originally had a 5" but I had it turned into a "Mountain Gun" copy. I use .45 auto rim in it more than acp. What's not to like about a 255 gr Keith @ 900 fps?

Once upon a time, I had a 4" no-lock Model 625 with a full underlug in 45 ACP. Accuracy was unremarkable until I got a buddy to cut the bottom 1/2" off of a 45 Colt roll crimp die so I could get a right proper roll crimp with 45 Auto Rim cases. It shot very well after that but didn't do anything that my Model 29-2 wouldn't do, so away it went. I think I still have the die somewhere in my gear in case I get the 45 Auto Rim fever again.

Okie John

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    That would be a hoot!

Think it would work for the dumb people also?

Or was that what you meant........
    Sorry I missed this.

I was referring to the 4 legged critters, but it might be funny to watch the reaction of the others.

Sorry I missed this.

I was referring to the 4 legged critters, but it might be funny to watch the reaction of the others.
    I forgot about this.

Been poking around in my little shop. The mice have taken it over. I'm somewhat reluctant to use even 22 CB loads, as theres things in there I don't want to make holes in. Thought about the plastic bullets, wasn't sure I wanted them bouncing around off the walls and after having mouse blood and guts on them. Saw this post,...DING! Wax bullets! I recall someone telling me they had severe wax fouling problems very quickly. Looked online and found this. Going to try it.

http://www.americanrifleman.org/arti...d-wax-bullets/
    Last edited by Malamute; 02-06-2016 at 11:05 PM.

Just got this one back from Mag-Na-Port. It's a TALO limited-edition .44 Special stainless Ruger Blackhawk on the small flattop frame. Ken Kelly did an action job, free-spin pawl conversion, and Velvet Hone finish. The grips are black Micarta from Hogue. El Paso Saddlery made the Threepersons holster and cartridge slide.

Attached Images Attached Images   

User Tag List