Page 24 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Bore carry/general purpose outdoorsmen revolver pic and discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    It's just a SRH. They thread them in. I'm sure there is some fancy pants tool the factory has to make easy.
    Was just being curious. Looking at an SRH this appear to be a barrel inserted into the frame with that larger integral forward section - shroud. Is the whole of that frame/"shroud" threaded? Seems unlikely. Assuming it is threaded in, especially with the Alaskan that has no barrel sticking out past the frame, how they do that? Theres no nut or slot. Do they go off the rifling with some kind of wrench? Could it be press fit? When Hamilton-Bowen cuts the shroud back to make his "Real Super Redhawk" http://www.bowenclassicarms.com/workshop.html (scroll to bottom) that seems to infer threading isn't full length of the shroud. Is this like that on the new S&W L frame 44 mag?

Couple cool new ones:
    A 1950 Target in .44 Spl with a later 24 barrel expertly installed and then matte finished (from our own member Dave T), and a model 25-5 in 45 Colt with a 6.5" 1950 Target barrel that is sort of a mystery as it looks like a factory instal. I have an idea of how it came to be, but it will take some research. No matter how it happened, the long tapered barrel balances great and as my partner Wayne would say..."you could do the Lord's work with this one".
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    A .44 Magnum Bisquero changed my life.

(I was taking the gun to drop off at home before going to work at the airport when that dude cleaned me off the bike with the front bumper of his Camry.)
    I think I remember hearing about that event on GT. That was pretty tough.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Here is my Bowen Ruger. He did it for me before there were Scandium 329 revolvers, as a lightweight .44. I love it.

G and all others with experience: is the Bisley hammer easier to use one handed?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    G and all others with experience: is the Bisley hammer easier to use one handed?

A bit. The Super Blackhawk hammers are similar I believe. I've put them (Super hammers) in a couple that came with regular hammers. I dont mind the regular hammers at all.

I never really warmed up to the whole Bisley thing. Owned several and shot a number of them, they just dont feel as good to me as the regular type grip frames and hammers or Super hammers.

Thanks. Think I might swap to a Bisley hammer on my New BH .45.

I am also big on swapping in Bisley hammers into my Ruger single actions.............which I also have a bunch of the DB I HATE YOU editions of.....
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    A 1950 Target in .44 Spl with a later 24 barrel expertly installed and then matte finished (from our own member Dave T)
    Well, if Tams not going to hate you for this one I will.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I am also big on swapping in Bisley hammers into my Ruger single actions.............which I also have a bunch of the DB I HATE YOU editions of.....
    I should try this on my Blackhawk. The standard hammer is a bit too high for my tastes if I'm trying to shoot it fast with a two handed grip.

I thought standard Ruger Bisley hammers don't retrofit to Blackhawks without some frame modification. Am I correct about this? Are there any quality aftermarket Bisley hammers that do?
    "Gettin' everybody to love me is a full time job..." - Kenny Powers

User Tag List