Page 13 of 120 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Bore carry/general purpose outdoorsmen revolver pic and discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Did anyone read the comments??? The kid involved responded, and stated that his dad did the deed with a Hi-Point!!!

So many possibilities here…

Maybe that's why the bear was so cocky? He figured "hey, they only have a Hi-Point! What do I have to be concerned about?"

Now the real question. Would a 9mm Hi-Point worked as well, given it carries only 10 rounds, if you can fit them all in the mag?

It also said in the comments that he only hit it once. From the description its likely good he wasn't in reach of the bear when it was hit.

This is one of many instances I've heard of when someone had to go out to their vehicle to get a weapon. It never ceases to amaze me, especially in bear country.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post

Now the real question. Would a 9mm Hi-Point worked as well, given it carries only 10 rounds, if you can fit them all in the mag?
    The REAL question is, can you get ANY rounds in a Hi-Point C9 magazine without slicing your thumb open???

Just another feature of this excellent, economical pistol; when you run out of burrets, you can use the magazine lips as an edged weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Does this maybe get you to rethink whether you want buckshot or slugs in your HD shotgun? Frankly, this whole bear-attacking-the-house thing reminds me that while Alaska is a nice place to visit, I'm not really sure I want to spend a lot of quality time there when the bears are out.
    At our house and cabin we have a dedicated HD long gun sitting just inside the door. It is for bears not people and is a .45-70, 12 gauge with Brenneke slugs or .375 H&H.

Bears make Alaska a great place. Nothing like something vying with you for top of the food chain to keep you minding your P's and Q's!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Did anyone read the comments??? The kid involved responded, and stated that his dad did the deed with a Hi-Point!!!

So many possibilities here…

Like the bear was just starting to turn his life around ?

I've let more big bore wheel guns get away than I'd like, but I still occasionally carry this one: S&W 296, ugly as sin, but real useful. Titanium, Hamilton Bowen sights, cut for moon clips, CTC laser, excellent trigger. Shoots 200 grain GoldDots into clusters, surprisingly not all that painful to shoot:

Name:  44S.jpg
Views: 1340
Size:  36.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    I've let more big bore wheel guns get away than I'd like, but I still occasionally carry this one: S&W 296, ugly as sin, but real useful. Titanium, Hamilton Bowen sights, cut for moon clips, CTC laser, excellent trigger. Shoots 200 grain GoldDots into clusters, surprisingly not all that painful to shoot:

I've got the .38 Spl version (242) of that, sans the CT stocks.

What do you carry it in?

: S&W 296,
    Great gun, always wanted one, and with the bowens and laser I now specifically want yours.
    Ignore Alien Orders

What kind of CTC grip is that? It looks like a j-frame grip, but I thought the 296 was an L-frame.

Here is one of mine...

S&W Mountain Gun in 44 Magnum. It was dubbed the "Flinch Master" by a friend after he shot a cylinder of full power loads.

Edmo

User Tag List