Page 12 of 120 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Bore carry/general purpose outdoorsmen revolver pic and discussion thread

Nice stuff Dave, particularly the bottom gun. I love rescue's. Nothing in the gun world (in my world) is better than taking something messed up, ruined, or worn out and making a solid working gun out of it. Nice work. Can I ask who your Smith is?
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Can I ask who your Smith is?
    He's semi-retired and trying to wind things down (or maybe it's up?) so I'm not comfortable passing on his contact info. He does, and always has done good work, so I had to argue to get him to do one more custom for me that in the works now. I fear that's going to be it. Fortunately I'm getting old and have enough custom revolvers to last me till I can't shoot any more.

Here's one he did last year:

Always liked the idea of the 3" RB K-frame but wished they did it for the L-frame to handle Magnum loads. Finally found a 681 candidate for modification and my friend built this for me as a carry gun.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave T; 06-28-2014 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    He's semi-retired and trying to wind things down (or maybe it's up?) so I'm not comfortable passing on his contact info. He does, and always has done good work, so I had to argue to get him to do one more custom for me that in the works now. I fear that's going to be it. Fortunately I'm getting old and have enough custom revolvers to last me till I can't shoot any more.

Here's one he did last year:

Always liked the idea of the 3" RB K-frame but wished they did it for the L-frame to handle Magnum loads. Finally found a 681 candidate for modification and my friend built this for me as a carry gun.

Dave
    I hate you.

Any of these were my main woods gun at one time or another before falling to the lure of something different. Most times it falls to the 629 4" barrel now.

Site Supporter
    Chuck,

Was it something I said? (smile)

Dave

Here are mine. One for the outdoors, one for concealed carry.

Someone up the peninsula from here killed a 9 foot brown bear trying to get into his house at night. With a .45!

http://www.adn.com/article/20140715/...break-his-home
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

They all fall to hardball. Seven rounds fired, sounds like it was in condition 3. Glad it worked out for him.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Did anyone read the comments??? The kid involved responded, and stated that his dad did the deed with a Hi-Point!!!

So many possibilities here…

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Someone up the peninsula from here killed a 9 foot brown bear trying to get into his house at night. With a .45!

http://www.adn.com/article/20140715/...break-his-home
    Does this maybe get you to rethink whether you want buckshot or slugs in your HD shotgun? Frankly, this whole bear-attacking-the-house thing reminds me that while Alaska is a nice place to visit, I'm not really sure I want to spend a lot of quality time there when the bears are out.

User Tag List