Page 11 of 120 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Bore carry/general purpose outdoorsmen revolver pic and discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My earlier post didn't make it, but I was trying to say that the leather rigging on the back of the Diamond D chest rig was a no go for my back with a heavy pack. The straps bunched up and made a wicked hot spot with any load in the pack.
    Thanks for the heads up. Is there another chest holster that you like better than the Diamond D? Only other one I know of is the HPG Kit Bag. Probably going to get one of those anyway so maybe that is the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Is there another chest holster that you like better than the Diamond D? Only other one I know of is the HPG Kit Bag. Probably going to get one of those anyway so maybe that is the solution.
    I really like the shoulder and chest rigs made by Survival Sheath Systems, but they are hit or miss as to whether you actually get a product delivered.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Noticed the little pin for the frame mounted firing pin. That would then be a K22 combat masterpiece - pre model 18? Have I got that right?

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by tomr View Post
    Noticed the little pin for the frame mounted firing pin. That would then be a K22 combat masterpiece - pre model 18? Have I got that right?
    Yup.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    We don't get many bears out this way, so this is probably my favorite ramblin' gun:

Are those by-God Ropers... REAL Ropers???

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Are those by-God Ropers... REAL Ropers???

Spegels, actually. They're some mighty fine stocks.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Spegels, actually. They're some mighty fine stocks.
    Fooled me. I figured either later Ropers or early Hurst.

I have two pair of later Hursts.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I really like the shoulder and chest rigs made by Survival Sheath Systems, but they are hit or miss as to whether you actually get a product delivered.

I just picked up a Hill People Gear Kit Bag. Man is it the answer for CCW with a backpack on or even just trail running! Worth every penny.

Site Supporter
    My desert walking gun is generally what I carry concealed as I am far more worried about 2-legged vermin than anything on 4 feet or on its belly. The 45 ACP cartridge does as well as anything (and better than quite a few) in that regard so if I were inclined to switch my carry gun for an on the belt revolver it would be this:

I liked the Mountain Gun concept but wanted a 45 ACP in blued steel, something S&W never offered. Found a M25-2 for sale that had a 6.5" Model 50, tapered 45 barrel installed. Sent it to my gun smith friend and had the barrel shortened to 4", then the action was done and the frame round butted (I prefer them round, particularly with the older Factory Combat stocks). Then since the MGs are all mat finished I had my smith fine bead blast the whole thing before bluing. Probably my favorite revolver of all time.

If heavier bullets (than 230g) were called for I would resort to this:

That's a 4th Model Hand Ejector Target 44 that the original owner cut down from a 6.5" to a poorly done 3-3/8" barrel with a home-made front sight. The same gun smith as above installed a cut down M24 barrel, then since the old and newer finishes didn't come close to matching he fine bead blasted the whole thing and blued. Trigger and action work was done along the way including the sight insert which I can see much better than the factory red one.

Dave

... I'll be in my bunk...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List