Page 103 of 120 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1199

Thread: Big Bore carry/general purpose outdoorsmen revolver pic and discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Oh jeez you're killing me. I've been on the edge to start casting since forever.
    Just Do It!

It’s another rabbit hole that you control how far you go down. You can dabble with a simple heat source, a cast iron pot, appropriate mold and tumble lube, or you can have 220v wired into your garage and melt your credit card. Once you start producing your own bullets and shoot some great groups you’ll feel satisfied. When you put venison in the freezer with a bullet you cast you’ll feel independence.

FWIW, My favorite mold pusher is: NOE Bullet Molds

A new set of Altimont grips off ebay.
    Seen with my old but like new Brauer Bros. Z44 holster.... And a companion.

Name:  IMG_20221221_115410219.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  40.2 KB

Name:  IMG_20221221_115747932-01.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  59.0 KB
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Probably not as cool, or a true big bore, but I finally made a holster for my 625PC.

I never had a holster that I could throw on and actually conceal if I went to town.

Name:  6EF9E3D9-B903-4B39-8EF3-D33C0AD75D28.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  99.0 KBName:  C47307DF-A1DD-45BA-954C-32EB3BFC7D12.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  84.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    Casting and even reloading your own ammo does not save you any money. What it does is allow you to produce more ammunition for the money you were going to spend anyway. And if you really get into it you will end up spending more than you would have to start with. Ask me how I know these things. (smile)

Dave
    This, plus you also have to factor in the time required.

I grew up shooting, reloading, and hunting. I started casting seriously after I read Ross Seyfried's articles on Veral Thompson and LBT designs. I killed a couple of deer with a 325-grain LFN that I cast and reloaded myself, but I realized that I barely had time to hunt, shoot, and reload without bringing a new rabbit hole into the mix, so casting fell by the wayside.

It was an interesting pursuit but I can't say that I've missed it.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    This, plus you also have to factor in the time required.

I grew up shooting, reloading, and hunting. I started casting seriously after I read Ross Seyfried's articles on Veral Thompson and LBT designs. I killed a couple of deer with a 325-grain LFN that I cast and reloaded myself, but I realized that I barely had time to hunt, shoot, and reload without bringing a new rabbit hole into the mix, so casting fell by the wayside.

It was an interesting pursuit but I can't say that I've missed it.

Okie John
    100% this. Time I spend making bullets is time I'm not spending out woods bumming by myself to recover from work, or time I'm not spending teaching my daughter to build a fire in the pouring SW Washington rain. Missouri Bullet Company will sell me .357 bullets for less than 10 cents a piece.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by defilade View Post
    Probably not as cool, or a true big bore, but I finally made a holster for my 625PC.

I never had a holster that I could throw on and actually conceal if I went to town.

Name:  6EF9E3D9-B903-4B39-8EF3-D33C0AD75D28.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  99.0 KBName:  C47307DF-A1DD-45BA-954C-32EB3BFC7D12.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  84.2 KB
    That looks awesome!

I am really thinking about a big bore revolver. I think I may go with a M69 or the GP100 44 special... but I don't have any real trigger time on a DA 44. I had a Old style Vaquero (on the larger frame) in 45 colt. I hadn't shot SASS in more than a decade and I didn't like the fixed sights so I sold it.

This gun will be a cast bullet gun. Opinions and recommendations are appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    That looks awesome!
    Thank you sir!

How does it ride.
    High on the hip?
    below the pockets?
    Love to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    I am really thinking about a big bore revolver. I think I may go with a M69 or the GP100 44 special... but I don't have any real trigger time on a DA 44. I had a Old style Vaquero (on the larger frame) in 45 colt. I hadn't shot SASS in more than a decade and I didn't like the fixed sights so I sold it.

This gun will be a cast bullet gun. Opinions and recommendations are appreciated.

I'm going to recommend a mountain gun, but I am biased.
    Mine loves cast boo-lits

User Tag List