Page 37 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Bore carry/general purpose outdoorsmen revolver pic and discussion thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Attachment 7331

I ran some of those through the Alaskan. They were more pleasant through the Alaskan than the S&B 240's were through the 4.2 RH. Not punishing at all. I was surprised.
    "It is recognized that you have a funny sense of fun" ;-)

Last edited by HCM; 04-17-2016 at 09:45 PM.

Site Supporter
    double tap
    Last edited by HCM; 04-17-2016 at 09:45 PM.

Had not seen this thread untill tonight and while going through I reconized one of the pistols is now in my safe. SteveB I believe the 296 you posted is mine all mine now unless you still have yours and if that's the case it's identical to mine

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1327
Size:  47.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan127 View Post
    Had not seen this thread untill tonight and while going through I reconized one of the pistols is now in my safe. SteveB I believe the 296 you posted is mine all mine now unless you still have yours and if that's the case it's identical to mine

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1327
Size:  47.3 KB
    Looks just like mine other than the grips. The Bowen sights and the 296 are a wonderful thing.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Culina Grips arrived today.

Great looking wheelgun - thanks for posting.

This weekend I gathered up the toddlers (both girls), a teenage girl, the wife, and 10 month old pup (thank God he is male in the sea of estrogen that is my life).

We loaded up the Griswold family wagon and headed for the cabin, to play in the mountains for a few days.

The 4" Model 29-2 seemed like a logical choice, along with a 16" iron sighted 30-30.

Had to pass on a nice S&W 325 night guard in order to get something black and evil. Seen a lot of nice wheel guns the past few days. It would figure they're in abundance when I'm hunting for something totally different.

I am leaving in a few days for some hikes into some back country, high mountain lakes in the heart of Elmer Keith country. Idaho's Pahsimeroi valley, and the backside of the Lost River range.

I have literally been spending hours contemplating sidearm choices. My heart says pack a 4" or 5" Model 29 .44 Magnum, or 4" Redhawk. My head says that since I have not been doing much hiking at higher altitudes, or any altitudes lately, I should just rock the G30S, and not pack any unnecessary weight.

The funny part is that back when I was young, and only had a handful of handguns, a .22 semi auto Ruger, a 1911, and a 6.5" Model 29, it was a whole lot easier.

Now I open my safe, stare, open cases, take stuff out, put stuff back, etc, etc.

I am actually very glad I only have a couple of fishing poles!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    I am leaving in a few days for some hikes into some back country, high mountain lakes in the heart of Elmer Keith country. Idaho's Pahsimeroi valley, and the backside of the Lost River range.

I have literally been spending hours contemplating sidearm choices. My heart says pack a 4" or 5" Model 29 .44 Magnum, or 4" Redhawk. My head says that since I have not been doing much hiking at higher altitudes, or any altitudes lately, I should just rock the G30S, and not pack any unnecessary weight.

The funny part is that back when I was young, and only had a handful of handguns, a .22 semi auto Ruger, a 1911, and a 6.5" Model 29, it was a whole lot easier.

Now I open my safe, stare, open cases, take stuff out, put stuff back, etc, etc.

5" 29. Duh. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post

If you're going to be in Keith's land, let him guide you.

Name:  Elmer_Keith.jpg
Views: 1006
Size:  30.6 KB
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

User Tag List