Page 94 of 120 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Bore carry/general purpose outdoorsmen revolver pic and discussion thread

I get a little sad looking at everyone's pictures. I haven't seen a new or used for that matter, Blackhawk on the shelf since before the pandemic hit. I used to own a few .45s and 1 .44 Super but sold them all off to fund other things like electricity, food, heating oil... screw NAFTA. I was planning to replace them, but they have become rare as hen's teeth in these parts. Online shopping proves to be futile also. I miss shooting my SAs. I was out shopping for a Blackhawk the day I stumbled upon the 5-inch .44 Special GP100. I don't hate myself for that purchase but part of me wishes I had kept looking that day. I also keep buying DAs because I can't find any SAs.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Well that’s a bummer.

I haven’t been to a gun shop of any kind for prolly almost a year now. I’m wandering out today and plan to stop at one of the bigger ones in the area just to see what the inventory looks like. Surprised to hear about the SAs...you’d thing those would be the ones sitting on the shelves collecting the dust...🤷

If you EVER part with that 5” .44......could you give me 1st dibs? 🤤 Those are beyond unobtainium, at least with the full lug. I do keep looking periodically however...
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Well that’s a bummer.

I haven’t been to a gun shop of any kind for prolly almost a year now. I’m wandering out today and plan to stop at one of the bigger ones in the area just to see what the inventory looks like. Surprised to hear about the SAs...you’d thing those would be the ones sitting on the shelves collecting the dust...🤷

If you EVER part with that 5” .44......could you give me 1st dibs? 🤤 Those are beyond unobtainium, at least with the full lug. I do keep looking periodically however...

When I brought home the 3" Python, my wife asked me what I was planning to do with all these guns I keep buying. I think I really surprised her with my answer. I told her that if our 3 children ever gave us grandkids, I planned to make memories and pass them all down to them, hopefully not in a will. In the meantime, I still plan to take a few more whitetail with the 5 inch.

Last edited by Crazy Dane; 02-23-2022 at 12:26 PM. Reason: add a pic

Well, if any of your kids want to adopt a 58yr old guy....I’m your man! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Well, if any of your kids want to adopt a 58yr old guy....I’m your man! Lol

I will let them know! It seems to be the only way to get one.

5” .44 special GP100

@entropy

I was browsing gunbroker and happened to come across this.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/924854959

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    @entropy

I was browsing gunbroker and happened to come across this.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/924854959

Yep! Saw that this afternoon! Thanks!

I’m going to keep an eye on it and jump in if it doesn’t get too crazy. This is the first one I’ve seen in a looooong time!

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Did you get to keep the revolver?
    No,

If it were to have been confiscated, that would have been the responsibility of probation and parole. I was only there on an agency assist call. Basically, as the muscle and eyes so P&P could search or talk or do whatever it was they were going to do. Plus, I as an individual would not have been able to keep something that had been confiscated anyways, as it was someone else's property. Things like that get destroyed/sold at auction depending on the item, and department policy. I have no idea what P&P's policy was at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
    When I brought home the 3" Python, my wife asked me what I was planning to do with all these guns I keep buying. I think I really surprised her with my answer. I told her that if our 3 children ever gave us grandkids, I planned to make memories and pass them all down to them, hopefully not in a will.
    That is brilliant. I'm going to start using this line, probably this week, then I'll actually do it when the grandkids come along.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Long ago I found a shop that had some ACP cylinders, of the 3 they had and the 3 guns i tried them in, one fit one gun, so I bought it.

User Tag List