Page 42 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Bore carry/general purpose outdoorsmen revolver pic and discussion thread

Ah crap..... I think I just coveted.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Saw that. beautiful
    I saw it "over there", as well. It looked gorgeous. Glad it went to a good home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Model 69 .44 Mag L frame ...

Just acquired a model 69 and like it quite a lot. CT laser grips help my old eyes with quick target acquisition.

Name:  Model 69.jpg
Views: 1201
Size:  28.6 KB

Slightly smaller and lighter than a 629, it carries well and still packs .44 magnum power.

Digiroc
    Last edited by Digiroc; 08-04-2016 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Actually, this just worked. My "Grail" revolver got posted for sale on another forum this morning. I have lusted for one since Roy Huntington got his from Bowen in 2000. Really the inspiration of "when I turn 50, I want to collect cool old wheelguns". This is what bird seed looks like, and fits this thread. Hamilton Bowen 38/44 HD converted to .45 Colt....
    Looks cool, I'll have to get one. But can you, or would you, actually shoot it?

Digiroc
    Last edited by Digiroc; 08-12-2016 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digiroc View Post
    Looks cool, I'll have to get one. But can you, or would you, actually shoot it?

Digiroc
    Even though it is a hen's tooth, horribly expensive and likely not replaceable.....yea, this one is going to be an actual shooter. I am very good about not shooting rare older guns. Because of what this is, I feel,it was almost made for me and I am at a place in life where putting actual earned wear on this one will be okay. Much of what I hoard is hoarded with a plan of selling them off later in life if my kid doesn't want them (right now she does and realizes it is a collection worth keeping). The Bowen .45 Colt is one of those things I want on the nightstand at the old folks home.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    ... I am at a place in life where putting actual earned wear on this one will be okay... The Bowen .45 Colt is one of those things I want on the nightstand at the old folks home.
    Just wondering if such a rare and old gun can withstand the pressures of the 45 Colt, From what I have gathered your old folks home nightstand better be a conference table.

Digiroc

More like two Trump-sized conference tables...
    "Backstabbers and window-lickers rise to the top of human organizations like oxygen-rich turds in a champagne fountain. I suspect it's been that way since at least the Bronze Age." _ Me. 2016

Quote Originally Posted by coldcase1984 View Post
    More like two Trump-sized conference tables...
    Guilty. Plus, the Columbian Twin nurses.....at least that is the plan.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Digiroc View Post
    Just wondering if such a rare and old gun can withstand the pressures of the 45 Colt, From what I have gathered your old folks home nightstand better be a conference table.

Digiroc
    SAAMI pressure limit for the .45 Colt is only 14,000 PSI. That's even lower than .38 Special, which is 17,000. The gun won't even break a sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by irascible_joe View Post
    SAAMI pressure limit for the .45 Colt is only 14,000 PSI... The gun won't even break a sweat.
    As the father of the 454 Casull I presumed the 45 Colt with modern smokeless powder, as opposed to the original black powder load, would develop more pressure. Thanks for educating me. Some handholds and factory manufactured cartridges do put this round in the same class as the .44 Magnum so choice of ammo for nyeti with this rare custom revolver will be critical.

Digiroc

User Tag List