Page 111 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1199

Thread: Big Bore carry/general purpose outdoorsmen revolver pic and discussion thread

A couple of “general purpose “ easy packing big bores. FA in .44 Spl and a 625-3 in .45ACP.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    This thread has fallen too far down into the depths..

The box is C3, which was a plastic explosive and (logically) a precursor to C4 explosives. The box has a date on it from September 1944.

Nice piece!

"Haversacks" Now there's a word you don't hear often these days.

I have enjoyed this thread for a long time, figured it was time to post my first one.

My Ruger (old model) Vaquaro in 45 Colt that I got the day after my 13th birthday. The holster I made in my Dad's saddle shop as a homeschool project, hand stitched and all. It was a great learning experience but one I never wanted to do again!
    Wore it around the the family ranch here in North Idaho where I grew up.
    It has been worn on a lot of hunting trips, horseback rides, hiking and camping trips.
    Its been though 4 sets of grips, because I wasn't real bright with not over tightening the grip screws on them.

Here one of these days it will probably get some imitation ivory similar to what it had on it when I first got it, because that's still a great memory.

Name:  20200831_151656.jpg
Views: 826
Size:  54.3 KB

Name:  20200831_185826.jpg
Views: 849
Size:  96.5 KB

Another nice piece! This thread is full of 'em.

What load/bullet are you showing there?

Quote Originally Posted by Catshooter View Post
    Another nice piece! This thread is full of 'em.

What load/bullet are you showing there?
    Those are Buffalo Bores 325gr load. Honestly, too much and not very enjoyable to shoot in this gun. I really like a 300gr bullet around 1,100 in this gun. Hope to be playing with some new handloads and the 270gr RCBS SAA bullet soon. Also want a load worked up for my Smith & Wesson Mountain Gun with that bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by Colt191145lover View Post
    Honestly, too much and not very enjoyable to shoot in this gun.
    I spent some time at that level with a 5-shot Ruger Bisley in 45 Colt built by David Clements. WAY more gun than I needed.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    ...45lover,

Great story and great pictures. I enjoyed you post as I'm a 45 Colt single action fan.

My latest, a late production USFA with the black powder frame.

Name:  fullsizeoutput_316.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  27.2 KB

The stocks are fake ivory of course but they fit almost perfectly.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    ...45lover,

Great story and great pictures. I enjoyed you post as I'm a 45 Colt single action fan.

My latest, a late production USFA with the black powder frame.

Name:  fullsizeoutput_316.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  27.2 KB

The stocks are fake ivory of course but they fit almost perfectly.

Dave
    That is simply stunning!
    I had a USFA Rodeo in 45 Colt years ago , it had to go back to the factory a few times to be fixed and I ended up selling it regrettably . The kicker is it was a consecutive SN# and my buddy bought the other one , now those are worth quite a bit of money.

Site Supporter
    As much as I like (love) late production USFA single actions, meaning they're made with all US sourced parts, the prices have gone bat guano crazy. I got the gun pictured above two or three years ago for a lower price than usual at the time, probably because of the black powder frame. Most people like the spring loaded cross pin to retain the cylinder pin while I prefer the older style screw retention. In all likely hood it's the last USFA I'll ever buy. I just can't afford them anymore.

Dave

Just posted a Bowen Rough Country rear sight for a Ruger revolver in the classifieds.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List