Page 58 of 120 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Bore carry/general purpose outdoorsmen revolver pic and discussion thread

I still have 3 boxes (of 50) of Winchester 125 Silvertip!
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    I still have 3 boxes (of 50) of Winchester 125 Silvertip!
    The 145s are like $1/rd

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    The 145s are like $1/rd
    I know..... Crazy, huh?
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

While I’m deciding on real leather, I made this holster over the last couple evenings to remind me why I buy gun leather from the pros. This is only the third holster I’ve made and it humbles me every time. Still needs to dry the rest of the way and some final buffing, but I get antsy! I guess this makes it an Adam Threeholsters rig.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    While I’m deciding on real leather, I made this holster over the last couple evenings to remind me why I buy gun leather from the pros. This is only the third holster I’ve made and it humbles me every time. Still needs to dry the rest of the way and some final buffing, but I get antsy! I guess this makes it an Adam Threeholsters rig.

Your grandkids will still be wearing that rig with pride when you’re long gone. Looks great!

Thats a better looking holster than some companies making so-called holsters make and sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Thats a better looking holster than some companies making so-called holsters make and sell.
    Haha thanks guys. Malamute I’m going to fill it with sand and shards of rock so I can give the Ruger character like your old 29! You were a trend setter in today’s “battle worn” finish craze!
    Last edited by Adam; 06-27-2019 at 10:09 PM.

That holster needs one of these.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Haha thanks guys. Malamute I’m going to fill it with sand and shards of rock so I can give the Ruger character like your old 29! You were a trend setter in today’s “battle worn” finish craze!
    All it takes is a small amount of fine sand and silt that works its way into everything in Az and up north here. It embeds into the holsters, your skin, clothes, table tops, whatever, and is abrasive. A few years in a holster and it starts looking like its been around a lot longer. I truly have no idea how people keep guns looking good when they carry them in this country. The sides of the cylinder of my 24 started losing blue just from the dust on the table top by the bed.

The old 29 started life in the early 80s, it got a lot of miles on an old harley besides all the walking and day to day wear.

The other parts of that are vehicles left outside get the glass pitted in the wind over time, it sort of gets lightly frosted looking, but most windshields seem to get broken with flying rocks on the road before most people notice the windblown dust/sand effect.
    Last edited by Malamute; 06-27-2019 at 10:57 PM.

This thread is messing with me.

The question is which New Vaquero do I get; the Davidson's Exclusive .45LC/.45ACP in stainless, the Lipsey's Exclusive .357/9mm in blue, or do I go for a Vaquero Bisley?

I've kind of always wanted a Bisley.

User Tag List